Ohio Medical Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by TheRealGOM, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Why do some of you say 2014 and not 2013? Do we only get to vote on this every two years or something? Sorry I'm not familiar with this at all.

More to the point: How is it even possible to screw this up so badly? I am moving to Ohio in the coming days (from a medical state) and I was certain that we were going to win in November.

To not get enough signatures?

Really?

Pretty pathetic, I have to say.

2. First off there only needs to be one group, one wording, one effort. The mindset that the several different petitions brings awareness to the movement is just wrong. All it did was cause confusion and killed any hopes of collecting enough signatures to get it on the ballot. It also split the people that were pushing it up and formed teams to work against each other. Again, one group, one wording, one effort.

The next thing that needs to happen is OMCA2012 needs to lose their bullshit of “Patients First” , “Everyone in Ohio is a patient”, “We are blazing the way for the whole nation”, “Only half the members of NORML would qualify under the other peoples wording”, ( Does ever member of NORML have a serious medical problem?). “Our wording has no laws, we will have a commission to make the laws after it passes“. ( Who in their right mind would vote for a law that doesn’t have any laws?) This isn’t about total legalization, it’s about Medical Marijuana for the sick people of Ohio. It also don’t need to be sold to people in California or Colorado. Sell it to the people of Ohio and quit trying to outdo other states. If they would have fixed OCMC’s wording about the 3 inch root and collected signatures, we would be voting on come November.

Why 2014 and not 2013.… because it will take a year for someone to get new wording wrote up that is just for Ohio and not the whole nation. It will need some financial backing and time to collect the 500,000 signatures to get it on the ballot. A Medical Marijuana bill would have passed if it was on the ballot in November, OMCA2012’s wording would not have.

3. Thanks for your reply.

I've been doing a bit of research these last few days. I don't think it will take that long. I plan on putting myself out there for exposure. I'm an attorney. I'll write the god damn thing. It's not hard.

I agree that the entire concept proposed in Ohio for the upcoming election cycle was stunningly stupid. No specificity at all pre-election? We're supposed to just assume that this (to be later determined) "commission" won't come to stupid and unreasonable conclusions? What a horrible idea. I cannot fathom how a grown adult thought the way this "campaign" was organized was an intelligent path to patient rights, and victory.

I have no problem with two campaigns if they are competing ideas, but I certainly agree that a unified front offers us the best chance at success.

I'll write something in the coming months and post it here. Maybe we can float around ideas for a while ITT and then spread it out as needed?

This shit gets done in 2013. I'm not waiting another year. Hold me to that.

I'll put a lot of effort into making sure that the (possibly well-intentioned?) person who wrote up this nonsense about commissions and so on will not be a significant player in our campaign moving forward.

4. Yea right!!!! Another internet hero going to save us all!!!

5. some help is better then none...........

6. Update: I was googling some medicinal statewide stuff and ended up running into the other organization that was ballot driving(the one not associated with that ignorant bitch).

I called their number last night making up a bullshit story about being from a local newspaper looking for updates on the initiative since they never update their Facebook page anymore.

Will have an update in the morning :)

7. Just got off the phone, and it is Confirmed from the source: neither party were about to collect enough signatures to get this on the ballot.

8. [quote name='"Kromestar"']Just got off the phone, and it is Confirmed from the source: neither party were about to collect enough signatures to get this on the ballot.[/quote]

We knew this 2 weeks ago

9. If you are a attorney, you would be better off to hook up with someone that knows a little more about what needs to be done. You might get a hold of Tonya Davis, she already has approved wording. She just needs the 500,000 signatures.

10. Yea, your a little late on this.:)

11. Wait until Colorado gets it for everyone this November. Shortly after when the DEA arrives they will get caught up in all the amazing legal bud and end up leaving ripped.

They will then begin doing searches for anyone who doesn't have pot on them, arresting and beating the shit out of those who are clean.

From then on a rapid expansion of legalization will embark upon the world. :D

Really though, patient here, bad liver and chronic pain, can't take oxy, need weed!

12. Today, 90 million Americans have the right to access medical marijuana when they are seriously ill. The Ohio Medical Cannabis Association needs your help in securing this fundamental right for Ohio patients this fall. Changing the law in Ohio isn't going to be easy, but with your support and your work, we can improve the quality of life for some of the sickest Ohioans by making our laws match our values.

13. The Ohio Medical Cannabis Association needs to butt the hell out. They screwed it up enough for Ohio. My money says they will be at hempfest from the donations they begged for.

14. Here is the latest info or update on the OMCA2012 or the The Ohio Medical Cannabis Association

September Announcement

and the Ohio Alternative Treatment Amendment is moving forward to continue with the petitioning... organizing volunteers and doing whatever it takes to move this forward... I am done licking my wounds... Oh and hill billy 420.. They were not at hempfest...

15. ^^^ that makes me sad

16. me too :( and also makes me angry:mad:

17. [quote name='"Tonya Davis"']

me too :( and also makes me angry:mad:[/quote]

Why is 2013 not a possibility?

18. [quote name='"klbuds4u"']Wait until Colorado gets it for everyone this November. Shortly after when the DEA arrives they will get caught up in all the amazing legal bud and end up leaving ripped.

They will then begin doing searches for anyone who doesn't have pot on them, arresting and beating the shit out of those who are clean.

From then on a rapid expansion of legalization will embark upon the world. :D

Really though, patient here, bad liver and chronic pain, can't take oxy, need weed![/quote]

Haha that shits funny

19. Not much of a update. Same bullshit differnt bull!! They need to stay out of it and let people hear some new voices.

20. ^^^. I may have agreed with you prior to that update. But, they had no control over this bank issue. Chase bank is now another obstacle. It's not as easy as just switching banks