Ohio Medical Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by TheRealGOM, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Anyone hear any updates that haven't been posted by Norml, OMCA 2012, or on Google? I, and many many many others, need this to pass; any news can help me out. Thanks.

2. this link looks like it is happening..

3. Any more medical is looking unlikely for a while. Dispensaries are being shut down. Medical is being made illegal in states again. Shit's not looking good. It's all because of stupid kids making MJ look bad. Be smart.

4. Yes it is and here in CA the patients with the real diseases and disorders are disgusted with the way MMJ has turned out here. My wife is afraid to go to some of these places, even when I take her. Some of these places have cars lined up that are filled with kids waiting for their "homie" to come out of the dispensary with a gram or two. It's a sad state of affairs.

5. what else do you expect. I'm in ohio and this absolutely blows. Make it legal already.

6. FoM is a sweet lady and a tireless worker toward legalization. She lives in Ohio and runs Cannabis News - marijuana, hemp, and cannabis news which has the daily news about cannabis and usually wonderful discussions about them. (They do get off track talking about pets an such now and then. It's like a bunch of friends discussing the news.)

If anything is happening in Ohio, it will be posted at her site.

Granny

7. ohio is currently experiencing a "perscription painkiller/heroin epidemic," according to the news.

i know of three backward pain management clinics.......and they can stay in business........but we cant have medicinal marijuana?

what about when a guy picks up his script of an unmentionables at CVS and shares it with all of his buddies?

they dont really care about that stuff. sure, they bust people doing it here and there, but its all for show and they want it to happen.........they make too much money off pharmaceutical companies, they cant afford to stop this & for weed to be legal. in their minds, at least.

im sick of having the natural gas stolen from under my feet due to fracking mines while i cant even smoke a bowl.............bullshit!

if you three leaders for the 2012 Ohio bills happen to read this......please make your peace with eachother. we need you more than ever. you dont have to stay friends forever, hell you dont even have to be friends again! just agree on one bill and market the hell out of it!

just one time and its medicine! hip hip hooray!

-OSUB

8. Still in the gathering signature phase...lets see if it happens. We only needed 325k, which should easily be attainable. 73% of Ohioans approve of medicinal cannabis, if it makes the ballot, we're in good shape.

9. I'm in Ohio and in chronic pain. I so hope and pray it passes. I haven't tried it to see if it works, but I feel it's my right to do so. I don't want to do it underground. I want to know what I'm getting and it's what is best for me. We all have the right to make our choice.

10. They havn't collected the first signature yet. Unless they can come up with money to buy them, it wont be on the ballot this year. They know it's a lost cause but still are leading people on. Bad part is, people already think it's on the ballot and are ready to vote on it.

11. Ohio Coalition for Medical Compassion | Facebook

False. They've been petition driving for months, and the state accepted their ballot language last year. Work is in the process brother.

12. [quote name='"hillbilly420"']

They havn't collected the first signature yet. Unless they can come up with money to buy them, it wont be on the ballot this year. They know it's a lost cause but still are leading people on. Bad part is, people already think it's on the ballot and are ready to vote on it.[/quote]

[quote name='"AntiProhibition"']

Ohio Coalition for Medical Compassion | Facebook

False. They've been petition driving for months, and the state accepted their ballot language last year. Work is in the process brother.[/quote]

Wow...I got multi quote to work from the app! Little things excite me. Anywho.....

YAY! I'm hopeful. From what I've read the politic-ing and squabbling between groups is a shame at the very least, but I have a small glimmer of hope.

13. Here's their official face book page and there hasn't been one signature collecting date. That is what everyone is getting pissed off about. They need 500,000 signatures before July 6th and they have not started to collect yet. They did collect the 2000 need to get it past the Attorney General, but have not collected any to get it on the ballot. Right now they are begging for donations to do a professional poll to see how many people really support it in Ohio. Again, without some big money help from a outside interest group, it's not going to happen this year.

Ohio Medical Cannabis Association | Facebook

14. #16 DigitalReality, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you know there haven't been any signatures gathered yet? If that's the case I just don't understand. The OMCA waiting to pay people to gather signatures (as their site seems to indicate) when they have an all volunteer army chomping at the bit makes zero sense to me. Furthermore, there's already been a poll done that indicates the vast majority of Ohioans want medical cannabis.

http://www.ipr.uc.edu/documents/op050809.pdf

Why is the OMCA dragging its feet? I don't think 500,000 signatures in 2 months all by volunteers is feasible but Christ almighty let us try! I'd rather see the signature gathering drive fail after an honest effort instead of this limbo nonsense.

15. the omca just wants your money...they disabled their comments when people were asking for updates, and then beg for donations and take trips across the country like their loaded...wtf?! that organization just doesnt sit right with me...

16. If only we had someone to just get it out there, mainstream, to show mass audiences how it's just... not so bad...

17. OMCA apparently hasnt started than. The link I posted HAS, for months at that.

18. There are three groups now and the one you posted a link from hasn't turned their wording into the attorny general yet. They said they are waiting till 2014 to try again to give the state time to gain support.