Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oh yes, Mexican brick from 2010 high; replication.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ohspyro89, May 8, 2023.

1. It was just different. When I think of strength for todays reefer, it doesn't get more psychedelic but only one hit gets you to the top of it's range I guess. It's like, strong stuff the first bowl does all the damage it can do. Strong stuff today will cause me to green-out without ever getting very psychedelic. The Mexican stuff had a different upper side. The high was really trippy. I always kind of felt like things were more 2-D looking than normal and the time dilation was much worse. As someone else mentioned, it was incredibly giggly stuff. I mean... I'd catch myself crying laughing at seemingly nothing. It was excellent but one of the main qualities of the stuff. It just has a different vibe really. I think others have mentioned the slow onset as well. You could smoke a whole blunt without it kicking in very much, then all at once you were blown.

Well this is interesting. I'd never really thought about including male plants in it as well. I know that they generally tried to keep the grow sensimilla but were working in large quantities where males inevitably made it full term.

I guess that's one of the biggest changes with the weed now versus then is that now, there is an incredibly low rate of pollination happening to crops. The Tangwena guy that posted about the cob method talks about including the seeds and everything in the cob as if it helps potency. At this point, I could imagine that it'd mean something for the plant. Being pollinated would introduce some sort of metabolic change in the way the plant grows, possibly doing something to bring on the psychedelia.

Although, I've smoked the chaff off of plants grown for seed and it didn't ever have that quality. I'm curious if the bricking alongside the inclusion of seeded bud would help bring on that buzz. I think possibly including a full cycle male plant could help too although I feel like I wouldn't need much.

I'm glad I made this post. There's a lot of decent insight. I made another brick of a relatively fresh harvest a few days back. I haven't sweat it or anything yet but it was more moist than the others. If anything, it's a really good way to store quite a bit of bud in zero space. A small 2" diameter puck about an inch tall is close to two ounces.

• Like Like x 3
  2. I'm sure pressing adds some heat into the mix as well as the males. I don't think it is the seeds because we picked all that crap out.

3. I was gonna say pesticides , that shit will give you delusions for sure!
    Nowadays their finding fentanyl in weed,from across the Mexican border.:thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. they will tell you it never happened
    same as they did back then, folks didnt care , you smoked what you could get , hahah and seeds wasnt for saving either, smoke them bitchs up until you have a uncontroled cough, man be seeing stars thinking you on a rocket ship

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Paraquat Pot: The True Story Of How The US Government Tried To Kill Weed Smokers With A Toxic Chemical In The 1980s

When people talk about “killer weed,” that’s typically understood to mean really good weed. But due to US government policies that started in the 1970s and extended through most of the 1980s, marijuana fields were being sprayed with a chemical that can actually kill you.
    The chemical, known as “paraquat,” is an herbicide sprayed over marijuana fields in Mexico in the 1970s—with the aid of US money and US-provided helicopters—and over marijuana fields in Georgia in the 1980s under the direction of the Reagan Administration.

But normally, anything poisonous enough to kill plants is also toxic enough to kill humans, and that is the case with paraquat.

0 seconds of 0 secondsVolume 0%

This ad will end in 11

What is paraquat and how can it harm humans?

• Paraquat is an organic acid that is used as an herbicide. It kills green plant tissue on contact.

• When sprayed on plants, paraquat is tasteless and odorless and invisible. In other words, you wouldn’t be able to tell if the weed you were smoking had been sprayed with paraquat.

• As far as breathable poisons go, the government has placed paraquat in Toxicity Category I—the highest possible level.

• Due to the fact that it is cheap and available, liquid paraquat is frequently used in suicides throughout much of the Third World.

• In humans, exposure to paraquat has been linked to the development of Parkin’s disease.

Get A Taste Of The Tropics
    Try the new Vita Coco spiked with Captain Morgan, made with real coconut water and Captain Morgan Caribbean rum.
    SPONSORED BY CAPTAIN MORGAN

LEARN MORE
    • Depending on the dose and the method of ingestion, paraquat can either be immediately fatal or can lead to kidney, liver, lung, and heart failure for up to 30 days after exposure.

• Tests performed in 1977 demonstrated that combusted paraquat caused damage to the lungs of laboratory rats.

• In 1978, after years of attempting to reassure Americans that smoking paraquat-tainted marijuana was safe, US Secretary of Health Education and Welfare Joseph Califano announced that new tests found that heavy smokers of tainted weed could develop irreversible lung damage and that even moderate users could develop “clinically measurable damage.”

1970s: Paraquat Pot From Mexico Comes To The USA
    In 1969, the Nixon White House made marijuana eradication a top priority. Rather than attempting to stop the flow of drugs in through the border, scientists began looking for a way to directly contaminate the marijuana itself. They originally developed a spray that was intended to make users nauseous, but this was shelved.

In 1975, as part of “Operation Clearview,” the Nixon Administration started supplying Mexico with about $15 million annually in aid that included helicopters designed to spray marijuana and poppy fields with herbicides.

Officials had recommended spraying marijuana fields with herbicides—their stated intent was to kill the drug at its source by spraying the fields. But in deeply impoverished Mexico, where in the 1970s harvesting marijuana could make the difference between a yearly income of $200 and one of $5,000, many growers simply harvested the poisoned marijuana and shipped it north anyway.

According to one report, an American helicopter pilot was getting high on prime Oaxacan weed while he was spraying fields below him with paraquat.

According to one study in 1978, 13 percent of marijuana samples texted in the southwestern USA were contaminated with paraquat. Other tests found that anywhere from 20 to 30 percent of the marijuana that had made its way into the US from Mexico was paraquat-tainted. Some samples contained concentrations of paraquat that were 40,000 times higher than the recommended domestic use.

This led to a public panic, seeing as how marijuana may have been even more popular in the 1970s than it is now. Fly-by-night businesses made a killing by offering to test if your marijuana had been sprayed with paraquat. A running joke among stoner comedians was that they would welcome if you’d send them your marijuana to sample for paraquat.

To circumvent the national outrage—which observers noted had been the first time that American students were really pissed off about something since the early 1970s—the government began rolling out plans to at least make paraquat pot detectable to the senses. There were suggestions about releasing a red dye along with the paraquat. Then there were plans to also use an extract of orange peel in the paraquat spray, which the State Department explained would give pot smokers ““the foulest‐smelling joint or brownie they ever had.”

It took a 1978 lawsuit from the National Organization to Reform Marijuana Laws to force the US Government to suspend funding for paraquat-spraying in Mexico until a comprehensive health study of its effects could be performed.

1980s: Reagan Administration Sprays Crops in Georgia
    A scandal erupted in the state of Georgia in 1983 when it was uncovered that law enforcement officials had aided in smuggling drugs from south of the border into the USA. They had also facilitated the planting and cultivation of giant weed farms in Georgia’s Chattahoochee Forest.

In retaliation, the Reagan Administration ordered US helicopters to spray these weed plantations with paraquat and the DEA vowed to extend the practice to wherever weed was being grown in the USA.

For many, purposely damaging the lungs of pot smokers—perhaps fatally—was a punishment that far exceeded the crime. One critic likened the practice to placing land mines in NO PARKING zones.

Luckily, the practiced was quickly banned due to lawsuits filed based on environmental concerns.

Then in 1988, the DEA announced that it would resume spraying marijuana fields with the deadly substance.

The feds terminated this practice in the 1990s but paraquat remains one of the most commonly used herbicides on the market.

These days it is generally agreed that marijuana use is generally safe. In hindsight, the paraquat scare of the 1970s and 1980s seems like a case of “Reefer Madness” gone wild. It is unknown how many Americans were disabled or even killed by this sick and hysterical government policy. It is bitterly ironic that the same government which had for decades tried to insist that marijuana was bad for you had finally found a way to make it bad for you.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Ouch damn I never heard about that before , what type of sick bastards poison weed ?:eek::(

• Like Like x 1
  7. The fentanyl mythology is wild. Fent weed is a myth that's never backed up just like the "cop picked up a baggy and ODed on it". Plenty of articles claiming either that always end up debunked.

8. Wtf. Never underestimate government's ability to make anything worse. I can't even begin to imagine the subhuman weirdos that came up with this shit. They probably looked like the fucking penguin from batman.

9. Try Ronald Reagan

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I know cops and nurses who would say different .

11. I had previously researched paraquat simply because it came up. I was curious if it could have been the cause but I think I missed that era by a few decades. I was getting stuff around 2010 and not earlier.

I'd talked to my wife about the whole thing and she kind of hinted at coke in it. I've never done coke but I never thought it was considered a psychedelic. If the weed was laced, whatever it was was definitely a psychedelic. I think I mentioned before that I've had plenty of experience with acid and mushrooms and the effects of brick weed were similar but so much shorter lived. It had to just be the bud.

I highly doubt that it was laced. It just doesn't make any sense. I never had any effects that fall outside of cannabis. The worst of all of it was sometimes if you did it just right you'd end up puking your guts out. That happened to me and a buddy on the brick, but I've seen it happen to others on stuff I grew. I had a certain cut that had the best fruity smell ever but 100% of the time if you didn't eat before hand would make you green out. I regret not keeping those genetics.

12. I assumed that they used a regular car bottle jack with a box built on it to press the stuff. I'm not sure it would really add a notable amount of heat. It's surprisingly easy to turn this shit into a brick. The stickiness keeps it together incredibly tight. It's quite impressive really.

The only reason I'd think to include seeds is that they were in there. Not necessarily to smoke them, as we didn't before, but just that it was part of the process and a variable that could do... something. Don't get me wrong, I doubt the psychedelic properties come from the seeds being in there. It could come from extra moisture within the seeds leaching into the bud once it's bricked though, but I'm just speculating.

13. Cartel have stolen 18 wheelers with pesticides in them to soak that bail weed in ... literally used to increase potency of teh weed and hide the smell ... would you like some weed with that pesticide Sir ?

and now people are relying on the same GOV for clean cannabis - What ?? demanding that the GOV regulate it for clean product , no one knows the Gov intention here it seems

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. The strains we grow indoors nowadays have been selected for THC content but at the cost of CBD and all the other cannabinoids. THC is not nearly the only cannabinoid that gets you high, and those other cannabinoids are what's missing from today's weed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. growing in fields with other plants and mingling makes way more expression than being trapped in a room with some dude with nutes and a light

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. #36 ohspyro89, May 17, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
    I feel like that could be the case, but dude if that's what they were doing for that potency why aren't people using the pesticide as a stand alone drug? I've seen people mentioning other experiences with bricked fermented weed outside of Mexico as well. I just doubt that it's from bud soaked in pesticide. The high is so similar in ways to regular reefer, I just can't believe that it was because it was soaked in pesticide.

17. Anaerobic versus aerobic curing? This is what's been coming to mind reading these posts.

18. I think the brick is more associated with the anaerobic method. People constantly reference ammonia smells which are generally associated with anaerobic compost.

Which... now that I think of it, one of the reasons anaerobic compost teas smell strongly of ammonia is a high pH which causes NH4 be volatile. Generally aerobic compost teas don't have that smell due to the pH. I'd read a lot about sludge usage and this was one of the biggest differences in anaerobic versus aerobic. Eventually, they both stabilize near the same NH4 content although it takes months.

• Like Like x 1
  19. He's a guy taking credit but the cretins who come up with this kinda stuff lurk in the shadows behind the curtain. Politicians are mostly just showmen

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. About which? Nobody can find me a verified story of fent weed. It's not possible to get high from simply touching it. And breathing it in "accidentally" is borderline impossible

"At the highest airborne concentration encountered by workers, an unprotected individual would require nearly 200 min of exposure to reach a dose of 100 mcg of fentanyl.

I don't doubt nurses fall for the same myths. This propaganda is being pushed hard because it's misunderstood and can reel people back in to support the war on drugs. Cops are either taking the stash for themselves or having panic attacks/similar placebo from the extreme fear being pushed.