Oh SHIT, My Boss Is Going to KILL ME, I Killed His Duck

Discussion in 'General' started by whiskey, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Damn whiskey, $400.

Good luck, I'm sending you good vibes and am still thinking positive.

2. I'm just scared he's going to fire me, to be honest. I love my job.

But it is just a wooden duck...I hope he has that attitude.

3. He can't fire you over a fucking duck!

4. #24 whiskey, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009

I was hysterical and just looked at the money value and didn't read the whole thing I was looking at, it was about a gun, not a wooden duck. :rolleyes:

Thanks, I need good vibes. I'm just not going to continue on my search to find out how much this fucking thing costs. I CAN fix it, the crack will be barely visable.

Just can't work myself into a panic attack now.

I think he used to be, he's older now, so not anymore. Duck prints everywhere in the office ... and wooden ducks.

Well, he could but I'm hoping he won't. I do really excellent work, and I know he loves me. I'm just worried.

5. Just a possibly $400 wooden duck...

But I'm sure you do an awesome job and he won't fire you over that. He'll probably tell you to not worry about it...*crosses fingers*

6. Compliment him on his good taste in Ducks Unlimited Products, that'll help :eek:.

7. I'm going to tell him that it's my favorite one, because it really is. I'm really upset that it's broken, but hey I just noticed it has holes in it's head so maybe this won't be a big deal. I mean actual holes. Do they come with those?

You can see one in the picture? On the head. The top.

8. The break is very clean.
    That thing could be fixed easily with wood glue.

9. #29 whiskey, Feb 19, 2009

I concur and am hoping that he'll see that too and not be mad.

It's actually surprisingly clean, fits back together perfectly and you can barely see the crack.

WHERE IS HE? The worry is killing me.

10. it's nothing a little wood glue wont fix, the break looks clean so it shouldn't be a big problem.
    I'm sure your boss wont mind too much... just let him know you murdered your fav ducky by accident and want to bring it back to life... if anything offer to pay for the wood glue (if he doesnt have any) and tell him you will fix it yourself (it shows initiative and responsibility on your part).

Goodluck!

11. That is my plan.

I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get off work today.

12. Good luck!

13. He's back and I'm definately not in trouble. THANK GOD. I really cherish my job and I simply adore the attorney I work for. I offered to fix it, buy him a new one, ect, but he's going to fix it.

I can tell he's disappointed, and I think I'm going to go to an antique store and find him one as a gift in the future.

Thanks for all the advice guys! Problem solved. :D

14. Glad you can breathe again.

:cool:

15. Glad to hear it worked out! He sounds like an awesome boss. :)

16. glad it all worked out for you! :)

17. #37 The_Joker, Feb 19, 2009
    how did everything go with the boss man Whiskey? He cant be that mad, its just wood and paint. Im sure he will see your puppy dogs eyes and forget about his broken duck. Hope everything goes alright, i would hate to see you lose your job over a piece of wood.

Edit: Glad you still have a job that you love.

18. see, It just a wooden duck. :p

19. Hes an attorney, i think he can deal with a broken wooden duck.

glad it worked out though.

20. Good to hear!:)