oh no! i fucked up real good.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by mcbuddin, Feb 23, 2011.

1. How do you plan it so you have the same judge? I think that will be the hardest part, not being an asshole will be easy. I can even act all scared, confused and stupid pretty well too. :p ...exepecially dont forget apologetic and responsible

you got no idea how much i wish it was that easy.

2. Lawyer up! Jesus don't ever go into any court without a lawyer. I am a lawyer and I wouldn't go in without another lawyer to advise me...

3. just a question which your entirely free to ignore. But considering my details, and realistically I think all I need is a lawyer to say "yah so he missed his court date, lets be reasonable fair people here, give him the punishment we originally planned for (which for the record is all BS considering but at this point I wouldnt complain) in the first place"

I can be completely wrong about the amount of work involved but in my opinion my case should be an easy one. So my question is how much will a lawyer expect to be payed? Is its hourly? per case? idk ive never even talked to a lawyer before.

If you for some reason think posting an amount online could hurt business you can PM me.

4. Damn.... your fucked.

5. one problem with there being so many stoned people on this site is you dont know whats sarcasm, or serious.

I dont think im fucked, but im in a big unnecessary mess.

Now you got me worrying again!

6. I mean I dont wanna be the dick to break the news but your seriously fucked. You have a trafficking charge , doesnt matter if its true or not thats the charge you have intll otherwise and now you skipped court? And theres a warrant for your arrest. Honestly smoke your last joint hang with the family tonight some friends then go turn yourself in.

7. get a lawyer, you're phenomenally fucked
    if you live in us, you could be going to jail
    before you go turn yourself in, give your friend the password for your account so he can tell us what happened to you

8. okay now im freaking out. I was under the impression there will be some justice. I understand I am in the wrong to miss my court date

I cant believe this, im literally innocent.

Phoning lawyers got me to find out they are on holiday until monday it seems...

9. You seem to hardly understand how it works. He hasnt been charged with anything until he is charged at the court date he missed. There is a BENCH warrant, meaning they are not going to be busting down doors or anything, it just means you failed to appear, and if you get busted again ,and havent turned yourself in you are fucked. Op is going to "turn themselves in" which will end in them scheduling a new court date to discuss the original charge lol if you think about it, the only reason they want you there is to figure out the original situation.... thats why there was a court date to miss anyway. If op can explain the situation, and provide proof of innocence, nothing will happen.

You are a negative nancy

10. Use a DA or wait to turn yourself in till you can get a lawyer. Besides youll probably going to be getting a knock at the door from the police pretty soon.
    I know you werent participating in trafficking but thats the charge you got . If you dont get a good lawyer fast these are the penalities you could get

Other Schedule III drugs

Any amount

First Offense : Not more than 10 years. If death or serious injury, not more that 15 yrs. Fine not more than $500,000 if an individual, $2.5 million if not an individual.

Second Offense : Not more than 20 yrs. If death or serious injury, not more than 30 yrs. Fine not more than $1.5 million if an individual, $5 million if not an individual

So how much weed was in the car altogether?

11. #31 mcbuddin, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
    This post is the only thing keeping my calm right now. The original charge was a mistake, missing court was a mistake, and now people are telling me I might end up in jail. Other than smoking dope I am a pretty legal person and never even considered this being the outcome.

This was just a tiny problem up until now.

From what I understand right now, if I turn myself in they are simply gonna schedule another court date, which i WILL NOT miss. At this court date with any luck Ill be able to tell my story and the justice system will work.

I am terrified to turn myself in now though, what are the chances they toss me in jail without even blinking an eye?

12. Two questions
    What state and how much weed?

13. Dude my friend had a bench warrant for not showing up to court, not only didnt know, but left the damn country went to europe for 3 months all over the place, came back. Then got denied a job cause the BACKGROUND CHECK came back showing he had the warrant. No one called, came to his house.... nothin... he went in... they literally took his ID, recheduled a court date, he went, and got the alcohol class for the MIP ticket... nothing for not appearing for over a year or anything.... If you ask me, since you called and already were like DUDE IM SO SORRY, since most people wouldnt even do that, you are probably good on missing the court date, the only thing that happened when you werent there, is the day went quicker for everyone else.... lol..... Your going to be at the judges whim tho whether they want to deem you a dealer or not.... it seems from what you have said they are leaning towards not a drug dealer... so... your just going to have to play the wild cards till then

14. #34 mcbuddin, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
    Alberta Canada, and not a lot actually. I dont remember exactly how much, but not alot. Less than 3 ounces for sure

15. Your in Canada dude..... you should be fine.

16. I thought you were in the US nevermind your straight

17. Your best bet is to call your lawyer, discuss it, and turn yourself in. Most of the time bench warrants get issued, it's because the person runs and misses the court date. That's why you really need to get it handled as soon as possible. Also, limit your driving as much as possible until you handle it, no matter how much explanation you give, if you are pulled over with it on you, you won't be able to prove you were in fact not fleeing.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the latter will either get you in jail without bail until the next hearing, or raised bail.

18. Wow, what a relief. I knew canada was not as harsh, but didnt know it was that much of a difference.

I never thought I was jail-time fucked, but I guess maybe in the states I would be. Ive never loved this land more than right now :hello:

19. so if I definitely wont even get to talk to a lawyer until monday, and legal aid refuses to help me until I go get arrested, im thinking I might as well just go turn myself in right after work.

20. Yeah man hope for the best expect the worst.If anything do your time with your head up.I just came from doing a small bid for that same shyt almost.But I don't think your shyt aint as serious.I don't know you well or know if you are religious but I will keep you in my prayers.