Oh no! Have I messed up harvest time? Urgent! Pics

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by seriousone, Mar 21, 2011.

1. #1 seriousone, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
    hi there! Unfortunately I am stuck between a rock & a hard place, your help would be greatly appreciated!

I am basing my harvest on this thread - essential info was that pistils must be receding into the buds: http://forum .grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-marijuana/666373-guide-when-harvest-4.html

General plant degradation has increased largely over the past week - HOWEVER, in the week leading up to when I was going to begin flushing, I over nuted, had to flush, and then she was up shit creek. It's still messed up, but has improved, and I know towards the end of her life the leaves etc. degrade.

Below are some photos - you can make out calyx's etc. what's concerning is that the pistils on the tips seem to have receded a lot (almost to nothingness??), yet the buds don't seem to have filled in much, especially past an inch down the stems (as you can see). AND lower down, pistils haven't receded much / still flare out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

does she want to flower more and recover from all the shock? are newer pistils are yet to emerge from those heads? or have I missed harvest time? something else? I think it's been flowering for (very rough estimate) 12 or so weeks outdoors

What should I do? :( Thanks so much!

2. Interesting thread, I don't have an answer for you but I'll be watching cause I had a similar incident on an indoor plant.

3. So I had to do something so here's an update:

I have put the plant into total darkness, plan on leaving it for 72 hours. I have read it can slightly increase resin production so may as well try it - leaving it in the sun further seemed like a bad idea (unless someone thinks it's still in need of more flowering time?).

After 72 hours if still no one has responded I will probably chop, dry, cure. HOWEVER
    Since the bud seems of bad quality due to the shock and disruption in nutrient/flush crossover, I want to use half of my harvest to make honey oil and somehow spray it onto the remaining half then cure it. Seems like it would make it slightly more potent?

Also, I stupidly watered with nutes two days after flushing due to the over-nute, then only watered it two or three times after that with plain water (I waited till the soil was very dry each time) will that be okay?

Any help would be appreciated! thanks :)

4. Just not sure on that one buddy , Its hard to judge unhealthy plants... Its your personal stash, Just harvest when you feel ready..

I assume you dont have a microscope or magnifying glass?

5. #5 pointswest, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2011
    You need to put your fertilizers in locked cabinet and throw the key away. Pouring chemicals on stressed plants is never a solution to the problem. I don;t know why you didn't learn the first time, but a dying plant was not enough to keep you from doing it again.

The stigmas are brown and receding because of the fertilizer burn. You need another flush and then let the plant finish flowering if you haven' burnt it up completely.

The plants look healthy enough to finish if you stop adding more fertilizer salts to the media. You should check other harvesting threads to learn about proper harvesting. Stigma color is not the final indicator of ripeness.

You have to observe the trichomes and check the color changes to determine when to harvest. Stigmas can turn brown for many reasons due to environment, so they are only an indicator of when to start looking at the resin to determine ripeness.

If you can keep this plant from burning up it will recover and finish flowering as normal.

Edit: Forget about the dark period of 72 hours, put the plant on a flowering schedule and stop messing with it.

6. #6 seriousone, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2011
    well it's been about 50 hours in darkness - thanks pointswest i'll be putting it outside tonight. I need tomorrows light to see what's going on. However I have read that people have compared same crops in and out of 72 hours darkness and the ones left in the dark for 3 days appeared slightly more resinous. hmm ponder.

I'll have a magnifier 100x by the weekend, but the other day i used binoculars backwards and can kind of make out predominantly cloudy trichomes with some parts amber. that guide says nugs should be filled in..mine are filling in, but still fluffy and spaced apart on other parts.
    thoughts?

pistils had been showing for ages, but proper flowering seemed to have begun around 12 weeks ago, not getting full sunlight all day (until recently). is that an indicator that I haven't messed up harvest time and she'll want a few more weeks?

thanks for the advice so far, more insight into this situation would be great as months and months of labour, love and money at risk here! thanks again

7. This is what my plant now looks like....fucked. smells like grass clippings now instead of bud in most parts.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG HOW CAN I FIX THIS OR HAVE I MISSED HARVEST

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. What to say?

I dont want to be mean , but thats one of the saddest , most pathetic MJ plants Ive ever seen...

There is no fixing it.

You went horribly wrong somewhere on the road.. who knows where.....

DO some research , and try again would be my advice.

9. This is a perfect example of what over-fertilization will do to a plant. All these people who run their plants at high levels of NPK should take a good look at these pictures.

I would clean off all the burned leaves, then flush good with clear water and only use clear water until finish. After flushing heavily you could take the root ball out of the pot for a couple of hours to dry it down faster.

When the fertilizer salts are flushed from the soil media and the plant resumes normal growth you will know if more flowers will be initiated by the creamy stigmas in the newly formed calyx. If regrowth does not occur soon you are probably finished with this plant, only a check of the trichome color will tell this.

Either way you should flush well to try and reduce the amount of NPK stored in the leaves and flowers to keep the flowers from having a harsh chemical taste.

10. ^^^^^ What he siad. Definately follow this advice. Also, it looks like your growing in a bucket. Did you add some drain holes? Never over nute. Start out 1/4 recommended dosage and work your way up while reading the plant. Good look bro.

11. all the other plants in the surrounding area look unhealthy as well :p this is mass-murder...hehe

12. OK i feel better lol.Not to bust nuts or anything,but my plant looks 100% better then this.And here i was worried.I grow using hydroponic.And i got root rot.So i had to cut some root out and flush a few days to recover.And its growing and flowering again.Good luck man.I hope it recovers.

13. the sooner you cut it the better. It looks like its just getting worse.