Oh, mother...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by London Guy, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Hi all,

Newbie on his first grow (soil). My setup: flouros and HPS.

I've got five week-old seedlings (Northern Lights), out of which I'm hoping to get at least two females when they're big enough to start sexing in two/three weeks (fingers crossed). Then I can take clones and really start gardening.

My question is this, when the set-up is going proper and I have seedling clones starting under the flouros and plants flowering under the HPS, how do I keep the mothers alive?

Plus, eventually I'd like several strains so I can choose what I want, when I want. Which will mean keeping up to three mothers alive and well.

How the hell do I do that? I'm obviously missing a trick here. I need your wisdom

2. i keep 2 mothers seperate from the rest in a wardrobe under a 250 mh lamp then you can take cuttings 2or3 weeks before the main crop is ready to harvest keep them under your flouros till the crop is ready to be cut them transfer them into the flowering room i prefer a 250w mh for mothers then onto 250w mh till cuttings have rooted then into flowering room under 2x400w hps

3. Thanks Steve. Just so I understand right: you've got three separate lighting areas? One for mothers, one for seedlings and one for vegging/flowering? If so, how do you keep the heat down? I'm on my first grow and already my seedlings are having to live with 30C, and tht's just under flouros.

4. one on 12/12 for flowering and 1 on 18/6 for everything else.