Oh man, where has this music been all my life?!

Discussion in 'General' started by 10yearnewb, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Hey all, recently Ive been introduced to Pink Floyd, and ever since listening to in while on shrooms, it has been on my mind a lot. Well, I downloaded The Wall, and it was awesome as well! Now, a poster on here introduced me to www.pandora.com, I typed Pink Floyd into the box, and the last 30 songs that have gone through have been better than any song i've heard recently hands down!

A couple songs that I wrote down that I really liked...

Pink Floyd - Green is the colour :)hello:)
    The Who - 905
    Kashmir - Kalifornia
    Paul McCartney - Band on the Run

So i guess I have a few questions... what happened to it this music in its day? Who else, what albums do you recomend. And of course, i've been pretty interested in lsd for a while, doesn't it go hand in hand? :)

2. Pandora is amazing, end of story. Best internet radio evar.

3. i could write a list for ages to you about what to listen to, but i will give you my single best recomendation based on what you said

jefferson airplane, in particular the album, surrealisitic pillow, you will not be sad.

4. Are you from the US? I find it hard to beleive you wouldnt know about floyd.

5. Look into Grateful Dead, you wont be dissapointed if you like that kind of music.

6. i though kashmir was by led zepplin

7. Some other bands you may like...

Phish, Disco Biskits, Grateful Dead, Jimi Henxrix, Led Zepplin, Jefferson Airplane, Fleetwood Mac, and pretty much anything from the late 60's early 70's...

8. congrats you have found the holy grail for tripping

jimi, floyd and zepplin

now that you know floyd give the "easy all stars - dub side of the moon" a listen its a reggae tribute to the dark side of the moon album by pink floyd.

9. Heres some songs in particular you should listen to:

Planet Caravan- Black Sabbath
    Rosemary- The Grateful Dead
    No Quarter- Led Zeppelin
    Welcome To The Machine- Pink Floyd
    Us And Them/Any Colour You Like- Pink Floyd

The End- The Doors
    Cortez The Killer- Neil Young
    Climbing Up The Walls- Radiohead
    Like Spinning Plates- Radiohead
    Everything In It's Right Place- Radiohead

Blue Jay Way- Beatles
    Strawberry Fields Forever- Beatles
    Whats The New Mary Jane?- Beatles (note: if you get annoyed by this song,which you shouldnt, listen to it in its entirety because the ending of this song is a trip)
    Long Long Long- Beatles
    Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds- Beatles
    Within You Without You- Beatles

10. you'd be surprised. I actually met a 20 yr old dude the other day that didn't know who The Eagles or Jimi Hendrix were. This should be a crime IMHO :smoking:

11. I could go on and on, but i'll stick to the bands you mentioned.

These are albums not songs

Pink floyd- listen to Dark side of the moon, the wall, and wish you were here.

The Who: Who's next, Tommy, The who sell out.

The Beatles (Paul McCartneys band) - Rubber Soul, revolver, Sgt Peppers, The white album, Magical Mystery tour.

12. Well you know two now. Im 20 and this music just was never in my life... love it now, LOVE to bring it back...

13. If you don't want to listen to commerical Pink Floyd and you want something REALLY trippy, listen to "Ummagumma" and "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn". It'll blow your fucking mind on shrooms.

14. Was LSD a big part of this music at the time?

15. Indeed, it was.

16. would a dose of LSD help me "understand" it more? :p

17. it wouldn't hurt.