Oh Heavy Weed, Another Big Marijuana Bust, Another Major Victory For No One

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by roach, Feb 17, 2001.

1. >>>>>>>>>>Plus, it's roughly $1.2 million worth of thwarted economic assistance in the form of a plant, serious money about which the city of New York must be positively furious right about now, hey what the hell that's a million bucks that could be circulating positively through the Big Apple, casual pot dealers using their relatively modest profits to pay for nightmarish criminal goods like groceries and rent and shoes.<<<<<<<<<<,

They seem to be oblivious to this fact. It will no doubt add fuel to Bushe's trip to Mexico where he will take our tax dollars to pay Mexico not to grow what we the citizens want.

On a lighter note , Superjoint would it be possible to have my Email address attached to my name in the forums I moderate .I noticed that when I click on it it only gives a profile.Just a thought.

Also ,something happened to a reply I was making to "General Feedback" ,(you probably already noticed it. My entire reply turned up in the subject line and it seems the original post at the same instant was moved .
    So my reply came up as a post ,with 1Z replies.??
    Neat but looks kind of funny .In any event .I found where the original post was moved to and replied there also .....so please feel free to remove the one on "General Feedback".
    I really do like the new look and options of UUB 6 at believe it puts this site ahead of the rest ! THX
    roach

2. Cool roach, let's keep the pace moving :)

SJ

3. By Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist
    Source: SF Gate

Three hundred and fifteen pounds of fine Mexican-grown marijuana is a lot of marijauna if you think it is, even though it's really not, but it sure sounds like a lot.
    Especially when you see it all in one big heap like that, an impressive assortment of large tightly sealed packages tucked inside some luggage, police and airport security and local drug-nabbin' officials wide-eyed and sort of stunned to randomly seize five Bronx lasses at SFO as the ladies attempted to smuggle the goodly weed through the airport and on to the apparent drug-addled human cesspool that must be New York.

New York, where all that pot would undoubtedly fall into the hands of many thousands of evil casual pot smokers scattered throughout the city, doctors and lawyers and students and bassists and politicians and cab drivers and writers and dancers and middle managers and airport security personnel, where it would surely be wantonly smoked during lunch breaks or out in the garage or maybe at some cool hipster shindig or perhaps before sex and definitely on Friday night before going to the Van Morrison concert.

It's a nightmarish possibility which would of course wreak havoc on American culture and further shred our already threadbare social fabric and send us all careening faster and further down the smoggy and bumpy highway to hell, sans decent brakes.

Unless it didn't. Unless all that pot was really just a teeny tiny drop in the giant thriving churning marijuana bucket in this country, just a reminder of how many naughty drugs are actually circulating through our public portals right this very minute, thousands of pounds of fragrant green plants and millions of hits of yummy Ecstacy and many gallons of sniffable glue and there's basically nothing anyone can do about it, casual pot users merely sighing heavy sighs when they witness a bust like this, knowing full well all it means is a temporary price-hike until the next shipment comes in and life pretty much goes on as usual and no one really pays any attention anymore.

Which makes the whole "record pot bust at SFO" headline thing sort of quaint and harmless and immediately forgettable, no one really threatened by pot anymore and no one really believing there's really anything all that wrong with a drug that's roughly a thousand times less harmful to the world at large (not the place here to discuss the rather obvious damage heavy smoking can wreak on your own body) than alcohol and about as addictive as breath mints and far, far less dangerous than the Republican Party, and about as culturally lethal as the widespread use of Lycra-spandex in knit sweaters.

Plus, it's roughly $1.2 million worth of thwarted economic assistance in the form of a plant, serious money about which the city of New York must be positively furious right about now, hey what the hell that's a million bucks that could be circulating positively through the Big Apple, casual pot dealers using their relatively modest profits to pay for nightmarish criminal goods like groceries and rent and shoes.

Thus helping small businesses and the economy and adding to the quality of life for many hundreds of happy and well-adjusted people, nearly all of whom have probably smoked pot at some point in their lives, if not regularly.

And thus turning our little SFO pot bust into more of a socioeconomic cumbrance and harmful joke than fist-poundin' God-fearin' thumbs-up ultra-bogus proof of the success of the War on Drugs. Which, as surely everyone recognizes by now, is no success at all.

Mark Morford's Notes & Errata column appears every Wednesday and Friday on SF Gate, just like a special magic bunny of love. He also writes the Morning Fix, a deeply skewed daily email column and newsletter.

Subscribe at: http://www.sfgate.com/newsletters/

E-Mail: mmorford@sfgate.com

Complete Title: Oh Heavy Weed, Another Big Marijuana Bust, Another Major Victory For No One

Source: SF Gate (CA)
    Author: Mark Morford, SF Gate Columnist
    Published: Friday, February 16, 2001
    Copyright: 2001 SF Gate

4. woah this was before 9-11