oh great, the in-laws are coming!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GFresh, Nov 29, 2008.

1. i've got a couple of tomato plants growing in a fairly stealthed cupboard but the in-laws are coming and i don't want them stumbling across it.

currently my plants are on 18/6 veg but when the in-laws get here they'll be on 12/12 flowering. where i live our normal light hours are from about 5am to 8pm which will mean they will have 15hrs of sunlight. would it hurt my plants to put them outside for the 10 days they are here? any other options?

2. I don't think it would be wise to take your plants from their happy indoor place and stick them outside. The shock could cause all kinds of problems to the plant to say the least. If it is gonna be for a 10 day period, I dont think 3 extra hours of light a day will cause any harm. Sounds like the best option you have, unless you can move them to a trusted friends house or some other safe place.

3. 3 hours of difference would certainly cause an issue you if he is in flowering.

Best thing you can do is hide your grow better. Use odor elimination, eliminate light leaks, make it hard for them to get to, etc. If it doesn't draw attention, they probably won't even notice it. Unless it is in your guest bedroom closet or something. ;)

4. just play it cool dude..

5. haha thanks for the advice. i think i'll save hiding them outside as a very last resort cos chances are they'll be harder to hide in my yard. i think i should use the last few weeks to try and it a little more soundproof. can you get soundproof spraypaint or something? i think the main noise is the cupboard walls vibrating.

6. are they vibrating from a fan? If so take a old mouse pad and use it as a buffer between the wall and fan...but if not a fan, then prob wont help.