oh EFF i need help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420smurfette, Feb 25, 2013.

1. darn it..... 2 of my plans hermied on me.... what do i do!? they are both of the same strain.... and the only two that this is happening with..... one of them is almost 6 weeks info flower (times of first hairs) the other is about 4 weeks in.....total between both plants i found like 10 bananas.... my 3 other flowering pants ofa diffstrain do not seem to be affected.... am i screwed or any suggestions

2. You could probably finish them out without any problems. How many weeks in are your other plants that didn't herm? Just nanners really isn't bad. Chances are it has only pollinated itself. probably end up with less than 50 seeds in entire plant. If there are balls on that plant then get rid of it as fast as possible. Balls will pollinate the entire room.

3. i have one that will be ready next week... then one is 1week in and another4 weeks in

4. should i cut the bananas off?

5. yes - just if you're worried about it just pinch them off with a tweezer, but like Todderfan said, they dont normally produce alot of seeds, not like a pollenated female would. It actually doesnt bother me like it does some people. I never end up with more than a couple - like 3 or 4 total seeds, so I just leave 'em be.

Youre only talking about a few nanners right?

j

6. yeah I've only found like 10 on 2 plants

7. Now I heard this somewhere. Don't remember where though, and don't hold me to it. But I have heard of clone only strains that actually will pretty much always spit out a few nanners at the end of flower. Apparently it is a survival mechanism found in some strains. If They sense they are near the end of their life cycle, and have not produced any seeds they will actually throw out a few nanners to pollinate ones self in order to insure survival of the species. After all producing offspring is basically the sole purpose of most things in nature. Survival of the species. If you only found like 10 nanners on 2 plants def finish those out. You will have very few seeds.

8. well this is my first time with this particular strain... it is some lavender bag seed... anyone ever have any issues like this with lavender?

9. Its a bagseed that's why it hermed. it was only in the bag cause it came from a hermie plant. Therefore it carries the hermie gene. A lot more likely to turn on you. This is why now a days with all the good genetics out there everyone says don't grow from bagseed.

10. i know.... i knew it was a bad idea but my husband/ patient really wanted some lavender and had the seeds.....im accustomed to my Dino valley thunder fuck and pineapple trainwreck and never had this problem with them

11. Not all a bad idea. Sounds like you will probably end up with some good smoke with only a few seeds. Who really cares when it is for you/husband.

12. Is it true that all seeds from a hermie will be female?

13. so i just talked to the grow shop down the road and he told me some great info about this subject... he said the majority of the time if you got bananas the ones that grow on top would be from genetics and if it was from stress the bananas would be towards the bottom of the plant.... there is also some stuff the for like20 bucks that will stop the hermie in it's tracks......

14. This is not true. We have discussed this many times on here and other sites. Not gonna try explaining again. Do a google search on "how to make fem seeds" or something. Get a lot better info than I will give you.

15. Wilco.

I know how you feel, I am a gun rights activist and an old timer on a few forums so I get it. Just remember that what's old news and boring to the old folks is brand new and of vital importance to the new guy that isn't even sure how to navigate your forums.

16. ok coming back to this topic..... now my other 2 lavenders are growing bananas.....and it is about the same time the first one started getting them..... I'm about 7 weeks in.... does this mean my mother plant was a hermie and it just takes till this point to get the bananas?