Oh crap

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Go Green!, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Seems my girl (at least hoping it's a girl) is growing on a slant. I don't know if this will affect her drastically or not. what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. No worries

3. I turn my babies everyday to avoid this so theyre always getting the maximum sunlight and don't strain for it.

4. Thanks for the answers, guys :) I can't wait till this flowers (which I know will be months from now haha) when should I start feeding her nutes? once she's out of the seedling stage and into the vegetation stage?

5. I turn mine 1/4 turn counter clockwise hourly if I can.

6. Go Green it's my first grow but I didn't start feeding mine until they were about 3 wks old above the soil. I started last Sunday with a very low dose which they seem to have responded well to but I'm cautious and wary of overdoing it.

So far so good though[​IMG]

7. Yay good to hear :) Idk what I should start it with. It's now about 2 weeks old. Probably give it another week. Hypothetically, if you just let it grow in the organic soil with worm castings and water it. Can it *still* thrive? or does it absolutely *need* the nutes to survive? reason I ask is I think in other countries it does grow wild and that's just with soil and water.

8. I can't really answer your question, I honestly don't know, all I will say is the guys in my local hydro shop recommended I feed them because I'm growing in pots but not to over do it as they're autos.

Because mine are outdoors I haven't watered them very much at all, mother nature has taken care of that so far but I am closely monitoring them to make sure they don't get too dry.

9. #9 Go Green!, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    Well shit!! accidentally broke part of one of the cotyledon leaves. Does that mean yet another death sentence for my poor plant or will this one hopefully power through?

10. I had a similar mishap with one of mine, a snail decided it had taken a liking to one of the leaves and had happily munched it's way through most of it before I found it.

I 'got rid' of the invader a bit lively and was worried it might hurt the plant but so far she seems to be okay and healthy so you might be okay but as I said I'm no professional so don't take it as gospel.

Thread with photos here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1380...

11. Man i broke this plants root system almost in half going on three days ago and it's no worse for the wear, She'll probably be ok. She has always grown out only one side too, she was gimpy to begin with and she still lived. Look at birtha here and let her inspire you!
    [​IMG]

12. Haha thanks everyone. Aww Bertha lol. Yeah she seems to be doing just fine. I was a bit OCD and saw some black crud on the leaf. Tried to get it off and ended up accidentally snapping part of the leave off :( but she's still powering through :)

13. They are resilient as hell it seems. I'm having trouble messing mine up even though i thought i did a few times.

14. It's true what people say about your first grow being like a first child, I actually look forward to waking up and seeing how they've progressed over night.

Not sure if it's just how mj grows but mine seem to soak up the light in the daytime then do their growing over night so every morning is a surprise for me [​IMG]

15. Yeah i wake up at 7 am every day right after the lights come on and go wash my hands and get in there to open up the box and snap 4 high res pics with my nikon check on em and give them a good morning misting. It's my favorite part of the day. I need to name them all. My wife and best friend say i'm obsessed, Maybe i am. I say so what if i am it's what's going to get me fat dank buds!

16. Nice :) yeah I'm not a good pot parent lol killed my first little seedling and thought this was gonna be a repeat lol. Luckily not the case this time. And I have not a clue WTF is with my sprout. It sprouted, however it's all like twisted, sorta like a pretzel. Lol

17. About this one i guess you can but i'd still watch for signs that the soils nutes are running out and keep some handy in case the nutes that came in the soil don't last. I'm hardly feeding mine two weeks in i just started giving them a 1/8 dose of big bloom and cal-mag plus. you can see what i'm using for my first grow in my journal and i'm having what i personally think is phenominal luck with it.

18. yeah I'll have to run up to the store to get some nutes pretty soon. Idk what to get to be honest.

19. Ihave a pic of what i'm using since it's easier than typing it all out. Had quite a few other new growers askin me. it is a lot to juggle but so far i think it's a good newbie setup.
    [​IMG]

20. Thank you Col. Nice setup. There's this stuff I saw at the store where I got my soil called root gel. I may get it. Idk if I want to buy *all* that. I think it'd get rather pricey.