Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oh crap, I don't have a grinder

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by coolstorybro, May 27, 2010.

1. What to do?

Last time I was grinding weed for some friends, I used a very very fine mesh strainer and ground it though that with the end of a wooden spoon. Since that worked out horribly, what do you guys suggest?

2. Drop your nugs into a shot glass and use a pair of scissors.

Or just grip a nug through the baggie and roll your fingers to break it up (being careful not to split the bag).

OR just carefully break it up by hand. It takes a little while, but if you don't have a grinder it's the most reliable way to get the size grind you want.

3. u know i found out yesterday that a pill crusher works about 10x better than any grinder ive used. u should try it out

4. if you have nice fine sharp scissors then use that. if not be a man and use your hands

5. i do a combo.. break the bud off any stems by hand and drop into the grinder.. since you dont have a grinder scisors in some small or partially covered container will work well.

6. Break it up by hand, it's so easy. Once you break it into a lot of small nugs, get a pile and continue to pinch and break it up more until it's the consistency you want.

7. I think I'm gonna try the bag method, has anyone here tried that? I ordered my grinder ages ago, but it still isn't here :mad:

CURSE YOUR POST MAN FOR BEING SLOW AND LAZY

8. He's probably high lol.
    Using YOUR grinder to break up his weed in the mail truck haha.

9. Silly question, but can I just chop it up with a knife or something?

I would break it up by hand, but I really don't know the correct consistency :/

10. Stick your bowl in the bag.

Pick up a nug.

Pick tiny little pieces off it and allow them to drop into the bowl.

Ignite (Quarter it).

Inhale.

Reward.:smoking:

11. Go by hand, its definitely the safest.
    Just dont drop shit, the more you do it the better you'll get thats for sure, i remember the first time i broke weed up in front of my friends i looked like a complete idiot but now im the only one who breaks it up cause i have "magic fingers"

12. Don't have a bowl, rolling a joint

13. By hand is the best way to break up bud. Nothing like your finger tips smelling like fresh bud haha

But I like grinders with catchers.

14. If you don't have a grinder then the best way is to use a clean pair of scissors to evenly cut up the bud. It's really pretty easy and quick. You don't need it too fine for smoking, so cutting it up is fine.

15. If you're sitting on the john and the toilet paper's gone, be a man, use your hands.
    Same applies to this situation.

16. Grinders suck, the bowl burns too easily, waste of herb.

17. I break it up with my hands.
    You don't have to have a grinder... it's just convenient, sometimes.

18. ive done the grind-it-up-by-fingers-while-its-in-the-bag trick a million times while rolling a blunt in a moving vehicle. its a nice skill to have. and it doesnt even take skill, so go for it. its like, punch and dump. you just find the biggest piece of weed in teh bag, and rub ur fingers together over it until theres a different biggest piece. then you go for that one. and then when its all small pieces you just pour it out.

19. The only reason I would ever use a grinder is if i ever wanted kief, besides that, no.

20. I have a grinder but never use it. I love doing it by hand.