oh boy..trying to do my first grow this weekend

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rync888, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hey everyone I'm new in general. Lately I've been reading a lot about grow from so many sites I'm more confused than I was before. Is there a post with a check list for everything I need to start a, grow? Can I get everything I need at a local home depot (minus the seeds)? I'm using seeds from Bud I bought last week. I'm going to grow out of a small closet and only want to harvest one plant to see if i.e. can do it. So I'm looking for a check list of everything I need to grow a single plant where I can buy it all at and that's pretty much it. Like I said it's a small closet one plant three tops. I'd just like to save money on Bud and challenge myself to complete this. Thanks everyone sorry if this was asked a million times

2. pick a thread that most resembles what you wanna do then copy it.

3. This ^

Read the stickies at the top of the forums - they will help you immensely, especially since this is all new to you.

Also I would recommend using CFL bulbs. They can produce very good bud, they're cheap, and great for beginners.

4. Both roostaphant and I have grows going on.. you can check out what we're doing... but at the end of the day sit down and do at least 10+ hours reading about it. Resources are abundant and youtube is nice, but actually getting some of the technical parts down before you perform them is irreplaceable.

Shop around and find the best prices for what set up you decide on, and then decide how low key you want to remain(shipping, or in store). All depending on budget. but honestly you will always spend more than you initially wanted to, it's an addicting hobby plus free meds.

5. i have a grow too! lmao in the sig!

6. It's really not that difficult once you've got what you need. For the bare minimum grower, figure lights, soil, and nutrients.

If you follow the suggestions on your nutrient bottle, you should be alright. At the beginning, start at half or even quarter strength nutrients.

Other than that, you'll need somewhere to grow that is lightproof.

7. Sor LilJ I'll come check it!

8. [quote name='"LilJ86"']i have a grow too! lmao in the sig![/quote]

Holy crap, you guys are growing this stuff?

As the others said read the stickies and use the search feature. There are literaly thousands of different setups out there.