Oh Boy Its Outdoor Season Again.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GOLDENBOY, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Question, so this year I thought of covering my soil with peat moss to trap some water in the soil. I have 12 plants and each hole is about 1.5'- 2' wide and 1.5'- 2' deep. This year I need to keep my water trips to a minimal, last year was just to many trips in the woods carrying big 10 gallon jugs. I dont plant to close to water because of the choppers.

So I had a plan this year to try an trap some water in and maybe I keep the trips down. So I went an pulled up some peat moss then I took it and put it around my plants to cover the up the soil. This will also help it blend in with the surrounding area and cover the perlite. I have good drainage so no worries there.

Heres the question, has anyone done this before and is it safe to do or is this really bad to do?

2. Not sure why it posted twice.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Jeez I thought someone would of done this too. But I should of known when my Google search came up empty

4. Sounds good to me

Sent from my N9810 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peat moss is a great amendment for acid loving plants plus it help the plants from drying out so quickly.

6. Im talking about real live peat moss that grows on rocks. I took it off the rocks around me then placed it ontop of the soil to stop evaporation of the water. Hopefully thatts what you took from that post

7. That's "sheet" moss, not "peat" moss. Peat moss comes from peat bogs. Sheet moss comes from rocks and logs. Sheet moss should work fine in slowing evaporation.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You taught me something new today. But great thats the answer I was hoping for.

9. Any old tree bark laying around?

10. I can get just about anything. They are in the woods because I dont live where its legal. Im trying to blend the soil in with the rest of the land. This way if someone is walking by they wont see big black spots of soil.

11. Peat and Moss hold way too much water (and Nute) to be of any serious concern, unless you like to see nute burnt plants...?

12. #12 GOLDENBOY, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    I built my soil over the winter/spring so I didnt have to feed my plants with salts. I have been back to check them in the past 2 days and everything seems to be working the way I want. Also everytime I go visit I remove it so it dont root into my soil.

I dont know if you was talking about something different or not

13. #13 GOLDENBOY, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    I built my soil over the winter/spring so I didnt have to feed my plants with salts. I have been back to check them in the past 2 days and everything seems to be working the way I want. Also everytime I go visit I remove it so it dont root into my soil.

I dont know if you was talking about or not.

14. Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app