OGH - Alaskan Ice and White Widow pics

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by oldgrayhair, Feb 19, 2009.

1. It's my first grow and I'm doing alaskan ice from seed w/ a dwc bucket under 400w mh and then 400w hps in a tent. I'm hoping I get that the right phenotype. Yours looks inspiring sir, outright inspiring. I'm crossing my fingers that I can even yield an ounce of the deliciousness that you've displayed here. God bless america, and alaska, and ice, and dwc buckets and all that stuff. And most especially, thank you sir for being one of only a handful of people who've posted pics of a finished product for this strain. It looks amazing. I just don't know what else to say. Thanks greyhair. You are, officially, indubitably, without qualification, the man. And so is your plant. Yes. Yes it is.

2. Thank you much, very kind of you!

Best of luck with the AI. Definitely keep track of your girls and clones separately ...I failed to do that and now my AI is gone for now. Apparently I did not clone the massive one which produced the buds shown in this thread. I had a lot of clones, grew out about 12 different AI clones, and none came close to that first pheno. Definitely some genetic mess somewhere in AI's background.

I ended up doing a small seed run so I will work with it again in the future.

My tips would be to try SCROGing thee beasts if possible as they stretch a bunch. If you get about 8 weeks into flower and only have tiny, stretchy budsites, you honestly can scrap those as that pheno blows. You are looking for the one that adds weight very quickly to it's sites...IMHO. Believe me, I gave those other phenos all the love, and all the time I gave that first one, and got crap for the efforts.

Best of luck, if you get THE ONE, you'll be in heaven.

Peace - OGH

3. How does the alaskan ice smoke dude? Apparently one of the strongest strains (according to GHS lol)

4. The pheno pictured smoked like a dream.....damn sure isn't the strongest ever .... but a perfect blend of a very unique taste, and a creep up on ya stone that lasts a good couple hours. To me it was very creative....to my wife it was her favorite ever and made her extremely "cuddly" :D I get more "stoned" off The Church. Very decent stuff man, but takes some work to get there. Which to me kind of ruins it as there are soo many strains out there that are easy to grow, genetically stable, and pack just as much, if not more, punch. For the price it s definitely worth a try though.

PEace - OGH

ps- if you grow this just for dry sift, it rocks! Best kief ever for me.