OG Kush, Chemdawg, Trainwreck, Pineapple Express, Critical #47, Cheese Candy

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by caseyJ, Mar 5, 2013.

1. #1 caseyJ, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
    Hey everybody, I am starting a new grow journal. This is my 2nd grow so I am not a total rookie. I am already into my second week of flowering, so I am a bit late, but better late than never.

Before I get into the details of this grow though, I would like to tell you something about my first grow. I grew 5-White Widow, 5-Outlaw, 1-Chemdawg, and 1-Afghan Kush Special. I pulled 485 grams total off of a 600W HPS light, which exceeded my goal weight of one pound. So I had great success! :hello:

Here's the link if you want to check it out...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1113207-casey-j-s-first-grow-journal-4.html

Anyway, now I can say that I have grown my own connoisseur-quality weed! I'll probably never grow White Widow, Outlaw, and Afghan Kush Special again, but Chemdawg, I'll never quit growing that shit!

GROW #2.

Here's my set-up for Grow #2. Pretty much the same as last time except I increased my pot size from 3 gallon to 5 gallon. I also reduced the number of plants from 12 to 9. I grow organic only.

6' X 3' 6" grow room footprint.
    600W HPS light
    5 gallon pots
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog organic soils
    Advanced Nutrients-organic only
    *Iguana Juice Grow & Bloom,
    *Nirvana Bloom enhancer
    *Ancient Earth (for enhanced nutrient uptake)
    6" inline fan/with exit ducting. (I am investing in a much better fan with the addition of a carbon scrubber in the next couple weeks)

STRAINS-As you can see, I give my plants girl names...

2-OG Kush ( Zoey and Carmen)
    2-Chemdawg (Hannah and Princess)
    2-Trainwreck (April and Leia)
    1-Critical #47 (Ingrid)
    1-Pineapple Express (Lily)
    1-Cheese Candy (Chelsea)

I love this line-up! Originally I was going to run only 8 plants, but one of the Pineapple Express seedling heads broke off as the cotyldon was emerging from the soil, so I popped the Cheese Candy and the Critical #47 freebies from Attitude. I'm glad I did because I think 9 will be the perfect number of plants for that room.

Flowering Day 9

Here's a peek at what I am growing.
    View attachment 1135196
    View attachment 1135197

All of my girls are very healthy looking and some of the flowers are already beginning to show! I have worked hard getting all of the cola tops at the same level with LST or pruning away lower branches that won't make it to the canopy level. I have found out that using sewing thread works great for LST at the beginning of flowering. I tie one end to the shoot I want to train and the other end to either a stake or a V notch I cut in the pot.

This grow I topped my plants at the 7th node, (except for Ingrid-I topped her at the 5th) as opposed to the 5th node last grow. This has resulted in many more bloom sites which will compensate for the reduced number of plants this time around. In all, I feel confident I will get at least 14 ounces off this grow.

I have three row of plants with three plants in each row. Every day I methodically rotate my plants and turn their pots so there is uniform light distribution among all my plants. As with my last grow, I have quite a bit of size disparity among my different plants. Carmen the OG Kush is a whopping 32", while Chelsea the Cheese Candy is half that at 16". To compensate I use a lot of boards to get each pot to its proper location in the canopy each day.

So there is the rundown on this grow. I haven't officially completed my first grow journal yet. I still have to do smoke reports on the weeds I grew. I just haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully this week I can get finish up that grow journal with some smoke reports:smoking::smoking:!