OG kush & Afhani Delicious under 150W HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ZickZeed, Aug 9, 2010.

1. #1 ZickZeed, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    Hey All,

Im going to enjoy this great hobby again, after years without growing cannabis.
    The prices, but mainly the quality in the dutch shops force me to grow again.
    This time I will be using strains that aren’t much used in the Netherlands.

It will be grown to smoke from only! No commercial run.

My last run about 2 years ago:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...ackberry-under-150watt-hps-holland-style.html

First strain is OG Kush, and the other Afghani Delicious. Both dominant indica strains wich I love to grow and to smoke.

-------------------------------------------
    Setup:

150W HPS Osram Nav-t
    100m3 blower
    Passive intake
    0.4m2 room
    11 liter square pots
    Plagron Lightmix soil

Link to build of my growroom: http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-roo...oject-ikea-aneboda-closet-silent-stealth.html

Nutrients (Organic):
    BAC Grow
    BAC Flower
    BAC PK booster
    BAC funges
    Sannies Bacto

-------------------------------------------

Start 09-08-10

I cleaned the whole growroom with a combination of water and pure alchohol. To disinfect the room and being clean. Im mixed up the soil with BAC funguses. And moistured it with water + sannies bacto to let the earth-life begin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All 5 seeds are in so called “pit pots”. Watered with clean water + sannies bacto and placed it in the Propagator. Under a 18Watts of TL color code: 33 at few centimeters above the progogator case. Now its time to wait before the fun starts :D

Im hoping to update as much as I can, so stay tuned :D

2. Subbd! Very clean setup you got. Is that a closet, because I can't tell. Also how far are the lights now?

3. First signs of life! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. After 48 hours :D
    They are growing fast!

[​IMG]

5. After 96 hours :)

[​IMG]

Ive put them all in very small plastic coups, with seedling soil. Just to get the leafs open, and the main root in good shape. I think they will be under HPS tomarrow!

6. #7 ZickZeed, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2010
    Day 1 - vegging

Starting day 14-08-2010
    Little girls are in 11L soil. With black/white foil on top to reflect the HPS light to prevent the soil getting warm. Roots don't like warm soil, and that will result in bad vegging. Keep it covered until the leafs cover the soil.

The lamp is at highest point now!

Pics after the light whent out:bongin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. :wave: sub'd. I enjoy watching other 150w hps users. Good luck :bongin:

8. Its going good in the closet!

Day 9 - 18/6 under HPS

The kushes are a bit behind compared to the afhani's. And im giving them water like 3 days between last water gift. Mostly the afghani's are showing that they like it, from 1 to 3 to 5 leafs, and building quick. they are getting 1.5ml grow nute on 0.75 liter over 5 pots every 3 days.

Here are the pics :bongin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Afghani #1
    [​IMG]

Afghani #2
    [​IMG]

OG kush #1
    [​IMG]

OG kush #2 (the weirdy one)
    [​IMG]

Og kush #3
    [​IMG]

9. Day 14 under HPS, 18/6

Its going ok! OG's are a lot slower then the Afghani's, The Afghani's have both been fimmed. And they are getting darker green now. Hopefully i can fimm or topp the OG's this week, and then after a couple of days the light will go 12 hours

enjoy!

[​IMG]

Afghani #1
    [​IMG]

Afghani #2
    [​IMG]

OG Kush #1
    [​IMG]

OG Kush #2
    [​IMG]

OG Kush #3
    [​IMG]

Afghani #1 fimmed:
    [​IMG]

10. lookin nice man im using a 150watt hps myself cant wait to see how this turns out im going to keep an eye on this happy growing

11. I'm thinking about getting a 150w HPS to supplement my mixed spectrum CFL's (bout 450w+)

Interested to see how your grow turns out :D

12. Day 22 18/6

Its going ok, The OG's are getting better except number 2. I think i will give them a couple of days before i switch the clock to 12 hours. They are getting 300ml water every 2 days with 3ml/1l grownute.

Yesterday i was inspecting the plants for bugs etc, and found the afghani's in pre-flower stage. With...... little balls. Its femenised seed, so im getting a bit pissed.

Pics say more then a thousand words :):

[​IMG]

Afghani Delicious #1
    [​IMG]

Afghani Delicious #2
    [​IMG]

Nice short internodes
    [​IMG]

OG Kush #1
    [​IMG]

OG Kush #2
    [​IMG]

OG Kush #3
    [​IMG]

Suspect afghani
    [​IMG]

13. looking good man. :wave: after seeing a bunch of people like you making those 150 hps work in small spots, im going for it. just ordered mine yesterday. i mean one of you last grows with that light looked like a multi-flavored lollipop field out of willy wonka and the bud factory.

keep it up! subbed

14. Hi :D thanks for stopping by.

150Watts are great if your using it for your own smoke.
    Last round i had 166grams under the 150watts.

But it still depends on the strain, and the breeder ofcourse :)

15. Can you take some pics of the whole setup so we can see how much space its taking up(just out of curiosity)?

Also I was wondering. You are from the Netherlands, isn't it legal to smoke/grow or only smoke?

What company did you buy the seeds from that turned out male when they were feminized?

16. Please note, im not 100% sure about the gender of the Afghanis yet. So lets just wait a moment for that :)

On your other question, a picture of my former room. That is identical to the one i have now.
    [​IMG]

Smoking cannabis is allowed in the Netherlands yes. You can have 5 grams with you if you walk outside etc. And in your house u may have 30grams maximum. Secondly its allowed to grow 5 cannabis plants. But it doenst state if that is outside or inside.

Please note, smoking and growing pot in holland isnt legal. The government only allows it with one eye closed., But after years and years we all say its legal.

But its still odd to explain people we are growing it illegal, we transport it illegally to the coffeeshop, and once its there it can be sold legaly ;) Welcome to holland, were strange rules are made :hello:

17. Nice work man keep it up , I've got some babies roasting in a scrog under 150 hps and yours are are looking nice and tight. Good luck with the ladies.

18. Dag 4 12/12

Everything is going allright! No bugs or other strange things. Except for OG Kush #2 who is acting weird. Curled leafs, and less bushy then the other og's.

When opening the closed the sour smell gets you right away. And im enjoying it big time. Hoping to see some flowering appereance in a couple of days.

Ive allready start bending some of the og's so the space will be filled up correctly. They are still getting grow-nute till day 7 of the flowerstage. Then they will get bloom-nute and pk-booster.

Pics!

[​IMG]

Afghani Delicious #1
    [​IMG]

Afghani Delicious #2
    [​IMG]

OG Kush #1
    [​IMG]

OG Kush #2
    [​IMG]

OG Kush #3
    [​IMG]

19. Looks good ZZ. I was a former CFL only grower until last grow I got a 150HPS and added a few CFLs and got close to 3.5oz from one Chrystal plant from Nirvana in a 4 gallon bucket. Love my little 150:D. Don't forget the grower counts too;). +rep