OG Kush #18 plants hairs turning black buds turning brown

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Nugga, Sep 18, 2012.

1. #1 Nugga, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
    Hey all...I'm new to this forum but not new to growing outdoors. However I am new to growing this strain and I need some help really bad.

In the past few days I have noticed that most to all of the top buds on my OG Kush plants have started to turn brown and the hairs have turned black...the bud itself is still green on the inside when I cut one open to see and it's still very moist it's not drying out but they have lost all thier smell and trichs and are no longer sticky at all....WTF?

It doesn't look like mold or bud rot...I've seen all kinds of bud rot and mold and this is not either. The plants are in natural soil and are being watered properly with PHed water. I'm doing everything natural and not using any ferts. The palnts themselfs look wonderfull nice green color and all leaves look perfect....bend back the leaves to peer at the bud and the damn things are brown with black hairs...

Does anybody know what this is? I can't post pics right now because it's raining hardcore but I will as soon as it stops which will be tomorrow.

Oh yeah, they are 4 weeks from harvest.

Thanks in advance!

2. #2 Nugga, Sep 18, 2012
    All the buds on the bottom of these plants are perfect...tons of crystals with white pistils. It seems to be only happening in the colas.

Also the colas excluding the leaves and big fan leaves look like they were ready to be harvested but never was so they are dying....if that's even possible. I've been growing for over 10 years and have never ever seen anything like this. I'm thinking maybe it's some genetics gone wrong with the OG?

3. Pics might help!

4. I'll get em up soon as I can.

5. #5 Nugga, Sep 18, 2012
    Here's a better question...should I just harvest before more damage is done? Doesn't look like it's reversable. What's the chances of it reproducing it's trichomes and smell. Right now it;s just like all the good stuff was sucked right out of the buds but they are still fat, juicy and green as can be inside. The trichomes seemed to turn into brown dust.

6. Also the effected buds don't pull off easily and they are nice and firm... just looks like they are dying. On the first stages of this the buds on the main colas started turing really pale green then the pistils started turning really dark brown/black now the buds are starting to go brown while the rest of the plant and the cola leaves look really healthy.

7. I just said fuck it and harvested it all...I'll never grow another OG Kush they are horse shit can't even handle a little dense cola formation. It's like the cola was so compact that the buds couldn't breathe so they died. Really shitty outdoor plant. I've had swag seeds do better.

8. based on the pictures OP posted...looks like fin rot, plants will be floating belly up by morning...

PICTURES???????????????????
    DERP..

9. I got one last OG Kush plant in the first stages of this problem...I'll get pics of it up in a few to maybe help other people with similar issues.

10. Sounds as mold... Is the bud wet inside?

11. Yeah it's green and wet inside. I'm leaning toward overwatering root bound and maybe root rot.

12. The buds have no smell at all...it's like smelling the leaves. Before the buds smelt like pure dank.

It amazes me that the online community has never heard of this lol. God hates me.

13. So I took the plants out of the pots they were in and the roots look fine...white/light brown. The drain holes were getting cloged though so all that rain caused them to be soaked hardcore. The buds now smell kinda like old stinky socks. Does anybody know if I dry the root base out can the buds recover and get their smell back?

14. Repotted in organic soil and the problem has haulted and is no longer progressing...now lets see if they recover.