OG Biowar and nutes (root aphids, first grow)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by psilosophy, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Midway through my first ever grow, I seemed to have gotten root aphids from the expired Happy Frog I purchased... lots of reading and stressing, i've acquired some OG biowar and plan to make an 'EWC tea' to water my plants with. I have 3 girls, each in a 5 gallon bucket. after the tea has brewed, do i PH and add nutes to it or will this kill the microbes??? on the site it says to PH and add nutes BEFORE adding your normal regimen but i think this is in the case of hydroponic/resevoirs, what about soil, how will i feed them, give them half tea half nutes in separate pours?

2. Never seen root aphids but here's a link I found about them
    http://www.planetnatural.com/pest-problem-solver/houseplant-pests/root-aphid-control/

You may have fungus gnats and there is lots of info about them in these forums. Yellow pest strips work well on them.
    As to the tea, I suggest u search these forums for Heisenberg beneficial tea recipe. (No need to ph it and I wouldn't bother adding nutes along with it for a few days at least)