OFWGKTA are fueling a revolution in Rap

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jetlife123, Feb 17, 2011.

1. If you don't know now you know

2. today's hip hop has nothing but bullshit my ass. OFWGKTA!!!

3. Not a revolution....cuz not everyone will be like them....theyre bringing a spice

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlGWRPnp0ok&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Odd Future (Tyler, The Creator & Hodgy Beats of Odd Future) - Sandwiches (Jimmy Fallon Live)[/ame]

4. I definitely wouldn't say a revolution. However, if you'd like to elaborate as to why, I'd appreciate it. I just can't see what's so incredibly fresh and great about them.

5. Agreed. If you know you know, if not and your curious do your homework....LOL @ them making it all the way to grass city they are all over the place now.

6. There pretty tuff they kinda remind me of wutang :metal:

Edit: there very oldschool I likey

7. To be completely honest with you, I cant explain what it is about them, you need to just do your research and you'll figure out what they represent.

Also its the fact that Tyler, The Creator raps, produces, and designs covers/directs videos better than any current mainstream artist; and he's 19.
    I know a lot about music and I'm down to compare artists so you know I'm not talking out of my ass.

8. #8 realeyes31, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    maybe if you looked into the group, listened to albums, and figured out who they were. also that was the edited version. hodgy had to completely rewrite his verse just so he could rap on fallon lol.

You know odd future is making it when people are criticizing them in the way that people criticize artist who have made it ! Swag! Mos Def knows talent Im glad he supports these dudes.

9. So fucking true dude. Mos Def knows talent. I remember seeing that video with him talking about MF Doom and that was right when Doom was semi-blowing up. Odd Future is the real shit, go listen to Bastard, Radical, Blackenedwhite and Earl right now if you haven't yet.

10. #10 realeyes31, Feb 17, 2011
    Hell yeah. Earl is the best 16 year old rapper ive ever heard. Tyler said taco was on the phone crying after seeing them on fallon haha. Its crazy. Ive been following these dudes since 07 and its like watching your kid go to college lol. They finally made it.

11. I don't see anything amazing about them. I won;t go do some research and shit about them. They are not appealing to me.

Chuuwee is better btw.

12. You're just being close-minded, and I can tell that you're unintelligent because you state your opinion as fact.

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPetFb6MlSY]YouTube - Swag Me Out - Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All[/ame]

BITCH

14. #14 CLKWRK, Feb 17, 2011
    It's a fact that it's my opinion. I think Chuuwee is better then odd future. And I'm not being close minded. I didn't hear anything amazing bout them from the video posted. First impressions stick. Their not revolutionary. Their different, yes. Nowhere near revolutionary.

And yes, i do listen to hip/hop and rap. I know some cats from around the block. I got a taste that you probably don't agree with.

Deal with it.

Umad.

15. Oh Word?

16. Word.

Go listen to Big John, Snowgoons, Jedi Mind Tricks, Cage Kennelyz, LEak Bros, Ill Bill, Immortal Technique, ya know.

17. I was up on Snowgoonz for a while. Pretty sick producers, but unfortunately, most of their beats sound the same.

18. This is true. But how many hip hop artists do you know that use orchestral instruments for their beats?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKHkfXNV15w&feature=related[/ame]

19. I actually like Odd future more than Chuuwee. But Chuuwee got some talent too. Do I think OF is revolutionary? No. Are they talented? Fuck yes.

20. Perhaps 'revolutionary' isnt the best way to describe them, but they're changing the game in their own way for sure.

And CLKWRK, Ive listened to all of those artists in the past. Jedi Mind Tricks are one of my favorite groups and Immortal Technique is one of the best lyricists ever. He's similar to Odd Future in terms of his violent lyrics.