Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Official What To Do with Kief

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mcjays, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Hey blades/bladies. I've notice over the past few months a lot of people have posted about what to do with their kief. I'd like to try with the help of the community to make a thread with as many ways to consume or use their kief. If I make any mistakes please point them out to me. -Sprinkle onto bowlThis is self explanatory. Just take some kief and put on top of your already packed bowl. Or sandwich it in layers. I like to spread it evenly across my bowls as do most people. -Get a plug nug and pack a kief bowlDo exactly as that title says. Pretty hard to fuck up. ;)-Add in blunt or jointRoll your favorite wrap of choice and sprinkle the length with kief. Nice for multiple people. More of waste of kief than anything though. IMO-Press into kief pucks (not hash)This one is gonna take a little longer to explain. Materials you'll need:ScissorsTape (scotch)Two round not sharpened pencilsStrip of paperKief1) cut tape into two squares slightly larger than the pencil. Take a piece and put it on one end of each pencil. 2) Take your paper and cut it in a small strip. 1 inch wide and 2 inches long. 3) Wrap it tightly around one pencil but still loose enough that you can still slide it. 4) Secure it to the pencil with tape. 5) Slide it so enough is past the end of the pencil so that you can scoop kief into and press the other pencil in. Half an inch or so. 6) Scoop up some kief until it's your desired thickness and press using the taped en of the other pencil. Voila kief puck. 7) Pack in bowl and enjoy or throw it in your kief box/kief catcher and let it collect. -Make it into cannabutterNot going to go into detail about this because there is a sticky under incredible, edible herb, but make sure you decarb it. Or it may be a waste. If someone can post the cannabutter sticky that'd be tight. I'm on my iPad so can't get the link. Add any other ways you enjoy or correct any mistake I made. Enjoy blades!

2. Bump. No takers?

3. Don't know if I'm the only one who does this but...Whenever I smoke in my room I'll put a screen in my bowl then put enough kief so I can rip it all in one hit. Works pretty well for me since it only take me like 3 or 4 hits to be feelin good. Anyone wanna back me up on this, am I losing kief through the screen you think?

4. [quote name="ChiefTHC" post="19399083" timestamp="1390590053"]Don't know if I'm the only one who does this but...Whenever I smoke in my room I'll put a screen in my bowl then put enough kief so I can rip it all in one hit. Works pretty well for me since it only take me like 3 or 4 hits to be feelin good. Anyone wanna back me up on this, am I losing kief through the screen you think?[/quote]Probably. Why not just put a little bud underneath to make sure you don't lose any?

5. You probably lose a little bit. Not much. I usually out it on bud to make it easier to cash.

6. some blade pointed me to this long time ago, what i do is pack and start smoking a normal bong hit, as the hit is cherrying i sprinkle the kief onto the ember, like throwing gasoline on a fire...boom!

7. Cashing is easier with bud underneath the kief cause the kief kinda "melts"

8. ive got to try this

9. With absolutely no tools other than the usual household items I would suggest creating crap hash.

10. #10 squidrick420, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    Well when I have a couple types of bud I like to use the sandwich method and gather the kief from each strain separately, then pack layers of strain A, kief A, Strain B, Kief B, and a topper of Strain A+B with mixed Kief A+B stirred around it. This one is for special occasions though. I have a special bong slide that can fit over a gram and I like to pack it until I feel a bit guilty.

I usually just take the bud I intend to smoke (always grinded) and I put it into a glass ashtray (never actually used for ashing, just bud mixing) and I then take the kief and dump it in with the bud. From there I stir the kief up until it is mixed nicely with the bud and pack the bowl and smoke it normally.

I have a nice reserve of kief to use right now actually. And... two strains :bongin:

11. #11 rectaloctopus, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
    Make your own HASH!!

you need a decent bit so save it up

1. get a cigarette wrapper, the plasticty kind

2. pour the keif in, you wanna fill it up atleast a half inch or so, or as much as you just leave room at the top

3. wrap the bag tight and seal it with a lighter

4. get some newspaper, wrap it 2 seperate times with a few layers of paper

5. pre heat oven to roughly 220-250 f.

6. soak the newpaper good, you may have to take it out half way through and soak it again

7. i usually cook it once or twice for 10-15 mins at a time

8. take it out when you happy and put it in the freezer. (do not open the package yet!!!)

9. let chill for 10-15 mins

10. get a roller for baking and a flat surface. roll the package good until it is flat. usually about 10 mins of this

11. un-wrap the package and enjoy. some may get stuck to the sides of the plastic but you can sorta scrap it off.

You will have a nice big block of hash :smoking:

Also I enjoy HKH bowls.. headie keif hash bowl, that will get you nice and stoned. Lately I have just been dabbing hash, it's awesome!

12. Nice job guys, keep em coming! Phunk, that sounds incredible, I gotta try that!

13. Save it up till you have a couple grams and take a recent pick up you have received and just dump it In the jar. Done this once and it may sound wasteful but god damn those nugs were like smoking straight hash each hit was a lung buster

14. I don't think I could get myself to just dump it! I love the look of a load kief catcher.

This is the best method IMO

16. What makes this official? Just because you said it? Egoist right here

17. #17 mcjays, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2014
    I was hoping to have enough replies to get it stickied so we don't have three "what should I do with my kief" threads a day. What crawled up your ass today?

18. [quote name="ChiefTHC" post="19399083" timestamp="1390590053"]Don't know if I'm the only one who does this but...Whenever I smoke in my room I'll put a screen in my bowl then put enough kief so I can rip it all in one hit. Works pretty well for me since it only take me like 3 or 4 hits to be feelin good. Anyone wanna back me up on this, am I losing kief through the screen you think?[/quote] doubt it, but if I were you I wound out 2 screens under the kief if it's straight kief Who Dat!

19. My full kief compartment on my grinder's stuck as fuck how the hell do I open it up? 

20. Rail that shit  :metal: