Official Vinyl and Record Collection Thread - The Wax Spot

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by 4shotmark, Apr 4, 2015.

1. About a few hundred dollars. I think it was a good deal considering the prices of the discogs/ebay listings.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I want to start by saying I love seeing your guys' collections, and I love the diversity in music taste and I can only hope to have such vast collection and varied taste as you guys. I've been really into vinyl since I was 13 but stopped collecting when I was 16 or 17 because lost all my records. I only had about 60 or 70 but it was a really big loss for me because as we all know it's usually our wax we go to for comfort. I haven't bought a record since but as soon as I get the money to support such an expensive addiction I will!!! But anyways here are just a few pics of my lil collection I had floating around my computer. Makes me sick I lost my velvets box set. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I've always liked Zeppelin, but I think I'm starting to understand why people have them on such a high pedestal in the rock world.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I just bought Led Zeppelin's "How the West Was Won" live album. It's so fucking good. Just badass rock n roll.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I do vinyl and digital formats, I appreciate what both have to offer. Heres my latest addition, an early Japanese pressing of Dark Side Of The Moon that I found, nary a scratch. Along with a first edition Sabbath Masters of Reality in great condition. I still get excited while driving along and passing vinyl that someone put out by the curb. Nope, I aint too proud to pull a U'ey to have a look lol. The amp thats lit up is part of my vinyl set up, a silky smooth Luxman l480 with a great phono section. I'm currently making a birch plinth for my rega P3.

Attached Files:

• luxy.jpg
      luxy.jpg
      File size:
      28.4 KB
      Views:
    • pf.jpg
      pf.jpg
      File size:
      37.1 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Filled up my second shelf today. I'm up to about 110 12" records at this point. 20180615_212300.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just got a really nice upgrade to the Ortofon 2m blue cartridge and stylus. Not even broken in yet and it sounds fantastic. 20180618_181411.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. More upgrades. I kinda went and upgraded everything. I'm also gonna get a Nagaoka MP-150 as a warm sounding counterpart to my Ortifon 2m blue.

Rega Planar 1 table, Cambridge Audip Solo MM preamp, Sony STR-DH190 receiver, and Klipsch R-15m speakers (not pictured).

On the table is Judas Priest Stained Class (first UK pressing that I got sealed!!). 20180730_184313.jpg

9. feck.jpg

feeling some 70s prog atm

10. Vinyl is cool.
    We released our LP as a colored vinyl/CD combo

1A693B6F-D084-4766-B020-F6A6BBF7F57D.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do you know what pressing plant did that? My band has had a couple splatter LPs pressed by Burlington Record Plant and they look great but sound weak. The record label makes the last call but I want to give some feedback and suggestions on our next album.

Repressing of our 3rd album on black/silver. Original was gold and red. We also had our 2nd album on transparent red a couple years back.
    [​IMG]