Official Vinyl and Record Collection Thread - The Wax Spot

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by 4shotmark, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Laurel Halo - Quarantine
    I originally took interest to it because I loved the cover art, but when I listened to it I was conflicted. I really liked the instrumentals, but the vocals were either off key or sang improprlerly.

After repeated listens I started to like it, and it quickly became one of my favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Found this interesting 10" dub record by kode9 at a record store in Boston. Went to the Hyperdub website and I found out that this was the first release on the label!

Attached Files:

• 10i.JPG
      10i.JPG
      File size:
      25.2 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I've never owned any vinyl records before, but since getting a cool stereo, I've been wanting to give it a try. First I need a phono amp and turntable...
    Wish I still lived in Los angeles where there's records plenty...

• Like Like x 1
  4. I bought my first record player last summer. I've got around 20 albums now (my digital collection is vast and expansive, don't worry) and I can't wait to add more to it this summer.

This is what I'm listening to right now

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. IMG_0453 (1).JPG

I'm kind of paranoid about spamming, but I just had to post this record that I found yesterday. I love splatter designs, and it's rare for me to find that kind of design on a record I actually really like.

• Like Like x 3
  6. That is pretty cool! I've never seen one like that.

7. None of these are my picture but I own the albums. I have a lot of albums so this is just a taste. These are my most recent acquisitions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is a French band called Appalache I played a gig with
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Recent pick-ups....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. [​IMG]

Now playing

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just about finished my Björk collection.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. How much was that Slim Shady Infinite record? Is it original or reprint?

12. Recently picked up Government Plates by Death Grips a8b176fe-8550-49ea-a87a-ded614021440.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Into a lot if the ol' 60's psych-rock including the Buffalo Springfield album Kersplash posted.I've been on the official website of "Incense and Peppermints" band Strawberry Alarm Clock while listening to them as well as Arthur Lee and LOVE.I've had many recent chats with LOVE drummer Michael Stuart Ware who can be reached at pcarousel@aol.com

14. IMG_6764.JPG

Here's a bit of my collection including but not limited to

Bathory
    Joy division
    Watain
    Misfits
    Nirvana
    Hooverphonic
    Led Zeppelin
    Black Sabbath
    Bikini kill
    Hole
    Aus rotten
    Chocking victim
    Grimes
    Leftover crack
    Mobb deep
    Tribe called quest
    Siouxsie and the banshees
    Death grips
    Wardruna
    Carpathian forest and more metal shit

This is 1/4th of what we have right now, collection is coming along nicely!

• Like Like x 1
  15. NEMESIS DIVINA!!!! I would kill for a copy of that. I also wouldn't mind having Under The Sign Of The Black Mark on vinyl as well since I only have it on CD. I do have the first Bathory album and Hammerheart on vinyl though.

16. Dude go buy it! I got that one off Amazon for cheap. The others I've found in local vinyl shops

IMG_6927.PNG

17. How much did you find it for??

18. I've been lazy about ordering it haha. I didn't realize it was so cheap but I guess that they did do a re-pressing of it this year so that makes sense. The last time I checked all I could find was the original press and it was going for insane amounts that I couldn't justify spending (for example: https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/1661150?ev=rb). Next paycheck I'll finally get a copy.

19. So I haven't posted any collection updates in here in well over a year so here is some of the stuff I've acquired since then. I was never able to finish posting my black metal collection as that would have taken up several pages in this thread and it was just an unrealistic goal lol. These are just black metal updates, after this I'll actually post some non-black metal stuff for once.

[​IMG]
    1349 (Norway) - Liberation
    Akista (Québec) - Grands Tyrans
    Carpathian Forest (Norway) - Through Chasm, Caves And Titan Woods
    Drudkh (Ukraine) - Autumn Aurora

[​IMG]
    Graveyard (Spain) / Korgull The Exterminator (Spain) - La Germandat De La Nit Profunda
    Mayhem (Norway) - Chimera
    Shining (Sweden) - IX - Everyone, Everything, Everywhere, Ends
    Wolvhammer (USA) - Beneath The Obsidian

[​IMG]
    This is a copy of my own band's recent release through Prosthetic Records. This is our second album and it was released on CD a little over a year ago and since we recently signed with Prosthetic they decided to do a re-press of it that officially came out just 2 days ago. Our third album will be released through them around March of next year.
    Anybody interested can order it here: All Hell "The Red Sect" 12" - Prosthetic Records