Official R/C car thread

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by YouSuckDude, Sep 15, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Picked up a losi mini 8ight, upgraded almost everything to carbon fiber and aluminum, getting a mamba cm26 6800kv motor next and hitec servo. What kinda toys do you guys got?

2. Get some scaled replica planes and jets, then I'll be interested.

[​IMG]

3. XTM nitro xcelletator

image-3328416174.jpg

image-1806924362.jpg

It hasn't been started in at lease 4 months.
    I took it apart and cleaned it about a week ago, but I couldn't start it.

This rc is around 5 years old.

4. Get a cheap ass RC plane and put that motor in it. Then it would actually be useful.

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyone notice anything different/odd/unique?

6. is that rc car flexing at the middl.. and the tires, they look like they are actually carrying mass and so the rocks kinda mold the tire around it, very very interesting. bravo!

7. exactly what i was thinking! middle "flexing" and aired down tires. pretty neat RC crawler :)

8. #9 CosmicRiver12, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
    Its a torsion chasis so it doesnt have any shocks for flexing. The frame of the vehicle does the flexing. Its very stable at odd angles. The tires arent really anything special. Every RC crawler has those. Although we do put stick on wheel weights inside them to help keep the center of gravity down to keep it from flipping or rolling.

also it has the steering links behind the axle instead of in front. Less likely for it to get hung up on or break.

Heres how it started life:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then my ECU and battery blew up:

[​IMG]

so she got rebuilt completely:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

Got more goodies in

10. I got a mother fuckin surprise for you guys. My build is almost done...I got enough into this I could prolly trade it for a real car...I brought all the parts to the hobby shop and let them build it simply because it was just too much stuff.

11. woot woot!! you gotta update us blades with pics when its all set and done.

12. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good luck EVER finding one of these brand new in the box. Shits not even on eBay it's so rare. Probably worth a couple zips of medical

13. [quote name='"LoserKid420"']

Good luck EVER finding one of these brand new in the box. Shits not even on eBay it's so rare. Probably worth a couple zips of medical[/quote]

How much did your car and other parts run you?

14. $250 for the car stock
    $400 in hop up parts

15. [quote name='"LoserKid420"']

$250 for the car stock
    $400 in hop up parts[/quote]

Shit why didn't you go with gas then? Lol

16. Because brushless is faster, easier to maintain, cleaner, and lighter. I've owned two nitro buggies before and gave them away.

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPH061wh_W0&feature=youtube_gdata_player]40mph losi mini 8ight - YouTube[/ame]

This video is prior to the servo, motor, suspension changes, esc, and other lightweight mods that I'm in the process of doing. Still fast as shit.

18. [quote name='"LoserKid420"']Because brushless is faster, easier to maintain, cleaner, and lighter. I've owned two nitro buggies before and gave them away.[/quote]

Oh yea I agree with them being easier to maintain, lighter, and a whole lot cleaner.. I guess I just like nitro more. I like sounds and the smells lol and I like tinkering with it.

I've never owned an electric one. How many electric ones have you had?
    And your car in the video is quicker than I expected lol be sure to post up a new one once you put all your new parts are on