Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Official Poll Decision - What does OG mean?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by toostoned910, May 22, 2011.

1. Care to drop some knowledge? :smoke:

2. happily.

People Argue About How OG Kush Got Its Name - View topic • WeedMaps Forum

3. Thanks man good info, Ive heard about this before.

Thats what I was trying to say. SFV is in LA.

Thats a comment from the article you posted and I agree. End thread/

4. your wrong dude, what makes your the damn weed authority?

OG kush is name it means whatever you want it to.

5. ovary ganglers....

6. In weed terms it means Ocean Grown. In street cred it means Original Gangster, Aka one of the top guns of a gang.

7. #47 fadeddd, May 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2011
    This poll might as well be measuring what percentage of community is mentally challenged.

The thread is about why the strain has the name "OG Kush". You don't just decide to throw out history because you want it to "mean whatever you want it to". Things are named what they are named for a reason. You use the same type of logic a 4 year old would use when they assume "Hamburg, Germany" was named after Hamburgers. Names have origin. Your associations of abbreviations are a different origin. The thread isn't about what you think of when you hear OG, it's about what it means.

8. This poll might as well measure how many assholes we have on GC who cant give info with out being a bitch about it. :devious:

9. I think I gave plenty of info without being an asshole. When someone retorts to said info with "IT MEANS WHATEVER I WANT IT TO MEAN!", I question their ability to reason. S'all.

10. And people like this are the reason I am misanthropic. With all the access to knowledge and information these days, it is really so God damn hard to have even the slightest bit of common sense?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Can't believe all these Original Gangster replies!
    How does that make sense? "Original Gangster Kush"? just.. no.

12. I feel like."organically grown" makes the most sense but honestly I have no idea. Can we.all und

13. Seeing as how nobody will ever be able to verify any of it, og really does stand for whatever you want based on whatever theory you buy in to.

14. Reviving a dead and ridiculous discussion to make a comment.

I smoked a variety  O.G strains back in 1969.
    There were no "Gangstas" or rappers!
    and butt cracks did not yet show.
    I got blends back then called O.G. Gold (Acaplco Gold /OG Kush blend), and others as well.

OG has nothing to do with "Original Gangsta" except in the minds of a few "New Youngstas"