Official Pokemon Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by GalenH, Apr 18, 2009.

1. The Pokemon game for GameBoy is possibly the best game ever, the ultimate role playing game!
    Anyone else still in love with this game? Red/Blue is the best (obviously). Favorite Pokemon?

[​IMG]

Alakazam.
    He doesn't take any shit and will fuck you up with his mind. Nuff' said.

2. *Twitch*

Tell me your a troll, please. Pokemon stopped being rad back with Nessy and all those other pre historic monsters :p

No, seriously. Go to the video games forum. This is why GC has one.

3. #3 full melt, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009

I think your the troll. Anyone who wont admit pokemon red/blue/yellow where possibly the greatest gameboy games ever are lying to themselves.

Pokemon was fucking rad. It wasnt just about the games.

[​IMG]

Missing no. was a close second

[​IMG]

4. For real, I used to love Pokemon.

The game was a great RPG, and I agree, one of the best (but definitely not THE best) RPGs of all time.

Getting the right combination for the Pokemon League was always a challenge. I'd have to go back and catch a different "type" of Pokemon, train them to a high level, and take another crack at it.

I still remember the exact moment when I beat the League. I was so fulfilled.

5. #6 reverendmaynard, Apr 18, 2009
    still play stadium and stadium 2 for the minigames

favorite pokemon?
    shit

jolteon
    im going with jolteon right now

forgot the pic
    [​IMG]

6. those games were like the story of my middle school

I always loved all the ways you could evolve eevee

7. [​IMG]

This mother fucker trained to level 100 with Fire Blast, Dig, Flamethrower and Dragon Breath is UNSTOPABLE!

8. [​IMG]

Always been my favorite. :)

9. thats that dude that'll mess you up if you mess around. He does not play games. Bitch is crazy and he just looks messed up. ha .

10. I don't care what anyone says, Pokemon was a bombass game. It still has the ability to just consume me if I just dick around with it every once and a while

11. I used to play... like 8 or 10 years ago.

But then i found drugs and pussy. :cool:

12. #13 smoke2joints96, Apr 18, 2009
    my favorites were lickitung and sycther
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

This thread has really taken off, great selection of pokemon.
    Just wait til the Yu-Gi-Oh card game thread!! :D

14. I miss it a little bit sometimes, it was amazing back when I was eleven! Sandslash was obviously the coolest:

[​IMG]

15. I still play the TCG. Yeah, lame, I know. But hey, it pays for college. Although 75% of the people who play are over 18.

My two favorites, Gliscor and Dragonite:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Are you telling me your job is to play Pokemon cards? :eek:

17. LoL! noooo, I absolutely love games. I play Halo in the MLG circuit, and travel around and play Pokemon, too. Aside from that I'm always playing a board game of some kind. XD

But the payouts aren't cash for Poke, they're scholarship bonds. If the payouts were cash that would be extraordinarily epic.

18. My 10 year old is FUCKING OBSESSED with Pokemon.

We should all arrange a play date! :hello: