Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Why??? Season is heeeeeere!!! Let's get em Falcons!:love-m3j:

2. This thread isn't even at offseason level activity during the playoffs anymore. So many regulars disappeared for whatever reason...

3. Also, anyone else hear the good news about Josh Gordon?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That sucks man. I remember when this thread was rocking

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The reinstatement only helps the patriots out

6. It's good for the league in general for the best players to be on the field...

• Like Like x 2
  7. So Antonio Brown finally agrees to switch to a new helmet so he can play this season and now the league is saying he can't wear the new helmet he picked either...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I really don’t like that guy

You’re getting paid like 40 mill a season, put on the damn helmet

9. Why not?

10. He gets paid millions to play a game. Show up to camp, wear the stupid helmet,be a good teammate

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I mean he only gets paid millions because that's the market value of his talent. I can see why he'd be pissed that he has to change helmets but I agree he should just deal with it considering it's not a fight he's going to win.

But it sucks that when he finally agreed to change helmets they were like yeah, you can't wear that one either...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah thats true....that is pretty "cold" when you think about it. I know it's a WHOLE different subject....but I wish people realized the talent of teachers.....teaching our future....I wish they got paid as much as someone playing football.....

13. They are definitely underpaid. Some teachers aren't underpaid though, the ones that really suck and shouldn't be teachers...

14. If you factor in the time they actually work they are not underpaid at all. California Teachers earn 77,390 a year but only work 180 days...... that's 3rd string kicker pay lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. That's California, not the US as a whole. Also, they work more than 180 days. 180 is the number of days they have students. And they do a ton of work at home off the clock with grading papers, coming up with lesson plans, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. And 77,000, is that to start or once they're topped out. Because that's good starting pay but if that's top pay that ain't shit...

17. Not to mention the cost of living where they are making that $$$ STILL.........I don't think someone who KICKS a BALL should make 6 figures a year....while someone teaching HUNDREDS....if not THOUSANDS of our kids...our future Presidents, our future Doctors.....45 grand a year.......IM DONE WITH THAT YALL..........sorry....

COMMENCE with football!!!! :love-m3j:.........:passtheshit:

• Like Like x 1
  18. If anyone could do it anyone would. These are the world's most elite athletes at their sport and are compensated accordingly. If anything they're underpaid compared to how much money is being made in ticket sales and TV contracts.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yes, according to that....they are underpaid.......but from the big scheme of things they are contributing to society by providing entertainment....at playing a game.............not developing our futures minds and ways of thinking, and how to act, etc.....that contribution to society should be recognized "more" than someone who takes my mind of reality for a few hours.