Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. I watch the Bears do it too. So stupid. You have your foot on their throats, and then you let them up. Smh

• Like Like x 1
  2. #78542 MrRaider, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Mitch must go!
    The dude is the reason you guys lost. 2 turnovers no points off of them. Two interceptions dropped shouldn't of even been that close. . Multiple missed throws. Outscored again by your kicker who is the scapegoat and only reason you guys were in the game point wise in the first place. The dude is a glaring weak link on a good young team. But the window just closed a little on Chicago regardless. That's parity. The salary cap, free agency and a taste of success will begin to pick this team apart imo. Every year is a totally different beast. The stars aligned for Chicago this year, my money is on green bay next season. Mitch is a slightly better Bortles, dont let the mild success he accomplished fool you into thinking he is a good qb. Here is 3 HOF players talking about mitch, and this is how people view your qb that dont live in Chicago.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    That host is smoking hot btw

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Sorry man. I’m still going to disagree here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Didn't watch the post I see lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #78545 Stannabis420, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    A bit much on the negativity there, geesh. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Can’t stand the sound of Shannon sharpes voice. Their opinions mean nothing to me anyway. I’ve watched every second of every game and yes Mitch has some bad moments, but he’s also had many more great moments. And it’s only the first year of a new offense. Mitch will be a top 10 qb his whole career. He was ranked 3rd this year

NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN

• Like Like x 2
  7. I think it's too early to say if he will be a flop but also too early to say if he will be elite. Look at the huge step back taken by guys like Kaepernick and RG3 in their second year starting. Now every team will have a year's worth of film on him, let's see how he does next season. 2nd year as a starter is usually somewhat of a step back and then the 3rd year you start to see if they're going to make it or not. Nobody rush to judgement...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. #78548 Stannabis420, Jan 8, 2019
    RG3 blew out his legs though, which devastated his play style.

9. he called him Bortles. Shots fired... I disagree with these 3 HOF, not one plays QB, and by year 3 you know and us and Bortles are way past that. I have a bad feeling the Jags will keep him again. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah I guess he's not a perfect example but Kaepernick is. Look at him the year they went to the superbowl vs. the year after that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm not a Bears far nor do I live in Chicago lol. disagree on that L being on Mitch. I thought he actually played pretty good.

and sorry but I don't watch talking heads on tv lol bunch of clowns

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. He played out of his mind for Mitch, you are right I am wrong. He didn't lose the game, he just didn't win it. Chicago forced 2 turnovers and got no points off of them. When the kicker out scores the offense in a playoff game at home then you know the game didn't go as planned. If philly would have held on to the two interceptions, one a pick six the other thrown right to the defender in the end zone then it would've been a way different game. Those were arrant throws, miss reads that need to be avoided if Mitch is going to be successful in his role as a game manager on the best defence.
    This next weekend imagine if Patrick Mahomes instead would have been drafted by the bears who is of the same class and was drafted 8 picks later. Or if Nick Foles lands on chicago!!!!! That would be a really really good fit.
    BTW those talking heads are hall of fame players, but clowns nonetheless lol. Except for Ladamian, I respect his opinion more than deion sanders and shannon sharp, he doesn't say shit just to be controversial or just to be heard.

13. At some point somebody gotta give Eagles defense credit man, so I guess this is my job to do right now lol. The Eagles had the (slightly) better defense on that day. Fletcher Cox said they would be the better defense in the middle of the week, then Brandon Graham backed him up on Friday night, and then they along with the other beasts along that D-line went and turned it to a realty on Sunday. They are why the Bears scored no points off of turnovers and only 1 touchdown. You can see the fire burning in their eyes. The hunger is real. Foles is getting all the talk and of course he would be but to me this defense is the main reason why 6 out of the last 7 are W's

I respect Tomlinson but I really dont watch nfl network pre and post game or whatever hes on enough to know his takes on stuff.. and when I do he seems to defer to the louder, more arrogant "analysts"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Again you are right about Philly D definitely showing up. But Trubisky has been making defences look good all year.

15. I mean I'm sure he has had some bad games over the course of the season, but again I personally don't think Mitch was at fault here on Sunday. Like you said, he didn't win the game.. but he didn't lose it either.. which is exactly right. Eagles simply dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball the entire game, making the Bears one dimensional on offense and neutralizing Khalil Mack for the majority of the game on the other side. Big boy football. No "track stars" decided that one lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wouldn’t even be in the playoffs if it wasn’t for Foles.....our defense did play well the past two games tho

And so many ppl say we won bc of the field goal (which was tipped) but it was that offensive drive before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. #78557 HT, Jan 9, 2019
    Well of course not. hes been amazing. but it takes everybody together to pull off what they have done. Me saying the defense is the main reason for winning 6 of the last 7 is not a slight at all to Nick Foles and what hes done. Foles didn't even play in the first 3 of the games I'm referring to.

They have all been team wins. and the only game they lost was the one game the team could not get on the same page, when each side of the ball took opposite halves off in Arlington, Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #78558 thcsavage, Jan 9, 2019
    I pointed out that you mentioned him because no one believed in the dude at all, Even after what he did last year. Pederson would of never had letted him start if Wentz wasn’t injured and he would of been unheard of for the rest of the season. No one picked us to beat LA at their home with Foles , not one analyst which proves they’re all full of shit. And basically, the same can be applied to Houston and Chicago. Foles has been underrated his entire career and he probably still will be.

It’s definitely a team effort and not saying we won because of one man, but he definitely made a positive impact. Our defense can be very good, it just feels like it was more inconsistent this year than last but it’s coming together to that champion defense we saw. It was on point these past few games and has to remain that way because If we’re going to win on Sunday they’re really going to have to find a way to stop Brees.

• Like Like x 1
  19. yeahhh man fuck the haters. I dont waste my time with those clowns anymore. I stick to the local Eagles pre and post game shows these days. once Chris Berman and Tom Jackson stopped doing Primetime I stopped watching ESPN for analysis on the game

I'll still watch the one on Showtime sometimes. Inside the NFL. It's not terrible

• Like Like x 1
  20. I used to like the NFL today before they got rid of Marino and Sharpe...