Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. oh NOW you wanna win? NOW you wanna get out of tank mode?
    fucking shit on toast, i swear to christ

2. it was two 1 win teams dude. somebody had to win. chill out lol

3. He’s 7th in the league with total qbr.

NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN

I think you better worry about those Raiders more. We’ll be fine, lol.

Soil2Coco’s Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Their vagas problem now lol. I used to consider the nfl my religion growing up. I could name every player on every team minus a few lineman. Around 10 yrs ago I canned my TV subscription but would still buy nfl Sunday ticket and that stopped around 3 yrs ago. I'm a defense type person. I like the way the NFL used to be. Hard hits if you go across the middle. How do you mitigate speed? With power! It was like watching a high stakes chess match. But now a days it's like watching a track meet more than anything. We have 150lb reciever who are so fragile that they need rules to protect them. Kids that would be in track 10 yrs ago and have no business in a contact sport. Nothing would slow down number 10 on kc more than a good clean hit..... but the nfl bent to the labor unions and gave in to these astronomical wages for these players all the while implementing a salary cap. This made it so teams are not deep and a couple of injuries and the whole season is tanked. It forced teams to allocate their limited resources and putting most of their money in securing the number one position QB. Sign one or two high value players and a bunch of scrubs. This has made it a qb league, there is a reason the top QB always are the ones representing in the playoffs. How many super bowl have been played and won by Brady manning and big Ben since the rules were made? Also the turnover rates in players is bad for business. How many 100 dollar mack jerseys were bought and now represent nothing? How many season tickets were not bought because of this? Look at Philadelphia, they will be lucky to make the playoffs (lucky division is weak) and after a year or two as these guys start getting paid watch them slip into another long drought. Unless you're lucky enough to sign a Brady type qb you will go from first to worst and back to worst in 3 yrs. Who is going to invest in a team that you honestly don't know from year to year it is going to perform? Not me. It's a crap shoot and a very expensive one. Being self employed and literally losing money to take a day off and watch a inferior product is not worth it for me anymore. The nfl has set up a Detroit car manufacturer model and we have seen the product slip terribly, the barely adult employees take more control of the biz and the product suffer imho. The nfl is not what it used to be.... and if the rules were like this when the game was invented it would never have been as popular as it is today. I feel sorry for the kids who never got to see the old teams of the niners and cowboys the raiders and bears and Steelers of old. Deep teams that could smash teams now days with second string players. I miss the ronnie lot, jack Tatum , Steve Atwater hits. The Mike Singletary and Dick Butkus stars that scared and slobber knocked the shit out of fast players who tried to take it across the middle. Watching Jerry rice and berry Saunders rack up huge numbers on the best defense money could buy was exciting. There was a commitment to excellence, dynasties with hall of fame backup players even at QB. The quality of play was much better then. They practiced, they played with the same players and teams for long enough to build a cohesive well tuned machine. Today it is a track meet and a flag throwing contest. One wear the reffs often determine the outcomes. I understand I'm in the minority and my generation of men are a dying breed. So I will be watching a ton more mma.... with fingers x that Conor is knocked out before he turns it into the wwf. And labor unions and political correctness ruin yet another sport another industry.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  5. It's the everyone gets a trophy generation that wants every team to get a chance to win it all every year without building a strong team. Parity is for pussies

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree completely. I’m a bears fan because of guys like singletary, urlacher, Butkus, and Payton. In your face, bloody football. It is far from that now but I still love to watch my bears. I dropped sunday ticket and don’t watch any other games anymore except playoffs and thanksgiving.

Soil2Coco’s Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 1
  7. rugby is a real sport followed by hockey.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hockey is awesome. Rugby I never could get Into when I had American football. Maybe I'll take another look.

9. No pads.... go tackle that guy... no one is special. no head to head cause you would die...

10. But do they have cheerleaders? If they don't have cheerleaders it's not a real sport. Lol

11. lol

if they lost it would have been "thanks jed! cant even beat the Raiders"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. lol people wanna tank so hard they cant even appreciate when their team beats a 1- 6 team. smfh

13. i love when fairweather dudes see a passionate fan and dont understand why they act the way they do

14. ha I aint fairweather and neither is t but if you want to rant after every game thats fine dude do you I just found the last one funny alright

I'm not a "tank mode" guy. once I know its gonna be a lost season (=no playoffs) I take any wins I can get. I hope you can enjoy a game in the second half of the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Let's go Birds...!

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. that was a great bye week now its time to get it!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Your lucky my team somehow managed to lose 2 games on their bye.....we are going to be the first team that somehow lost more than 16 games in a single season at this rate lol.... feels like 1 and 22

18. Almost feels like it's been months since I last seen my Birds play.

Like the addition of Tate, and what he can bring to the offense in terms of additional big play ability for Carson, but wish we could've focused on our secondary instead tbh.. Clinton-Dix woulda been a solid addition. Also I hate Jalen Mills with a passion.

19. I like HaHa but seems like could only do 1 trade so I'm glad they went offense over defense. the defense has been great at times, keeping us in every game, even if they went and gave a few of them up on the final drive... but the offense, I have yet to see that unit carry us to a win like they could and did last year. plus the teams we aspire to be competing with have some crazy offensive weapons so we have to try to keep closing that gap every week improving and getting healthier on offense (Tate...Sproles...Lane....Hollins...Wallace)

20. lol im far from a fair weather fan my dude. im a buffalo bills fan, have been my whole life. so that should tell you something about my loyalty and fandom. ive endured a 17 year playoff drought and im currently enduring a 2-7 season after finally breaking the drought last year.

like TNA said, i just think its funny that you're upset that your 1 win team beat another 1 win team. like come on man, somebody had to win that shit show.