Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. I feel so fucking bad for Carson, man. If you want to know how tough this guy is.. After he tore his ACL he stayed in the game for the rest of the series and threw a TD pass...

I watched this guy play in person in college quite a few times and to see him drafted to my favorite team was everything! Last year he showed what he can do, but this year.... what a tremendous jump he has made in his second year. Clearly was the favorite to win the MVP and that's not even up for debate.., he was putting up bigger numbers than Brady! Amazing, he also broke the Eagles single season passing TD record.

Hope Foles can get us into the NFC championship game at least... Our defense and running game will have to step it up. I believe in Foles can do just enough to get us to the big game! LET"S GET IT.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Holy shit. What an end to the patriots Steelers game. Almost blew it at the end there but saved it with the pick.

3. That Steelers TD that didnt count was kind of fucked

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Steelers were robbed of that TD.
    He caught the ball and broke the plane of the goal line before being touched and then slightly bobbled the ball.
    I’ve seen touchdowns stand on worse situations.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I think the refs were high throughout the league yesterday. That cowboys game was wild and the refs were way too big of a factor

the quantum leap: indoor multi strain perpetual organic journal
    Indoor organic

• Like Like x 1
  6. I missed Sunday night last night so I’m watching it now. I’m in the 4th where the ref is measuring with a piece of paper...the hell is goin on?

7. According to the catch rule that's not a catch. If you catch it you have to survive the ground. Not thrilled with the rule tbh because it takes away a lot of plays that feel like they should hold up but that's the way it goes. Pats were lucky to get away with a win after that Smith Schuster play.

Still though Steelers had more chances to win it or tie it after that play and they couldn't do it.

This was just part 1 though, these teams will in all likelihood be playing again in the AFC championship game...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Foles looked rather impressive on Sunday.

24 for 38, 237 yds, 4 tds.

Granted it was against the Giants, but we sure didn't miss a beat at the QB spot in Wentz's first absence. Hope his hot hand continues into the playoffs.

Also it was awesome to see Teddy B back on the field in Minnesota.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bills finally made the playoffs. Good for them, they deserve it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Josh McDaniels interviewing with the Colts, Bears, and Giants. Odds are he won't be back next year with the pats. That's too bad, he's a good OC.

11. I'll be so pissed of the Giants sign him.

The dude known to run it on 3rd and 20. Fuuuuuck that

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

12. I watch every pats game. When it's 3rd and long we're almost always throwing it. I don't know what happened in Denver but hopefully he learned from that and will be a better HC because of it. He's been the offensive coordinator for some pretty good offenses and even won a couple Superbowls. I don't think you're fucked if the Giants hire him. And they are the favorite to get him according to what I've been hearing on the radio...

• Like Like x 1
  13. So it looks like both Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels won't be back next season. We'll see how that affects the team next year, can't be good losing both coordinators...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bills break playoff drought this year, build off of that and win division next year? Hmmm

15. Yeah I wouldn't go that far. I don't think anyone else is winning the division until Brady falls off the cliff. We've only lost the division twice in the Brady era, in 2002 in his second year as a starter, and 2008 when he tore his ACL in the season opener.

16. Apparently Jimmy G turned down between 17 and 18 million a year to stay with the pats.

17. #78059 RVD420RVD, Jan 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Dude wants to win on his own. I can respect that

18. .

I think you mean you can respect that and so can I. It sucks for the Pats though because they would've had a smooth transition to him once Brady retires but now who knows who will be the next qb...

• Like Like x 1