Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Only thing I can think of is that they want to trade Eli after the season and don't want to risk him getting injured.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stupid. Eli is the best Giant qb ever. Hasn’t missed a game in 12 years. The fact he has any chance of goin out like this is a joke.

Fuck you mcAdoo. You’re on my fuck that guy list forever

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’m all for TD celebrations and stuff, but some of these celebrations are somewhere between ridiculous, dumb, or straight up cringeworthy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. In my opinion the best celebration is to toss the ball to the ref and to jog back to the sideline. Act like a touchdown was what you expected to happen.

These group celebrations are just ridiculous. Guys look like idiots sitting down to dinner in the endzone. Definitely a rule change I was not in favor of.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Im all for the rule change, the celebrating is great. Its just that there imaginations suck. I miss the sharpie days. T.O. T.O. T.O.!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I’m not going to be surprised at all if celebrations get banned again.

How is having a tea party or pretending to give CPR or ride a bobsled even a celebration?? It’s so anticlimactic it almost takes away from the moment, in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Beat me to it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. #77989 HT, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    guys are finally free to express themselves with their teammates in what used to be dubbed the No Fun League and yous are not happy with it and would even rather it be outlawed again?

you wanna talk about taking away from a moment? how many fucking times I saw a yellow flag on a guy who just scored a touchdown the last few years for "unsportsmanlike conduct" , when 95% of the time it wasn't disrespect but rather simply a celebration that didn't fit into their box of what is and isn't allowed. fuckin guy just scored a touchdown yet on his way back to the sideline his coach is gonna be in his ear about a 15 yard penalty that he shoulda avoided

so lemme get this straight... you guys would rather have flags, instead of maybe a cringe worthy celebration?
    if they aren't disrespecting the other team, let it be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yeah, I preferred the flags for group celebrations to this nonsense. Everyone knew the rules so they only had themselves to blame if they got penalized.

I think the rule change is here to stay though so I guess I'll get used to it. I'm just glad my team doesn't do the group celebration thing.

10. You clearly didn’t read my posts.
    I said I wouldn’t be surprised if it got taken away again because of how dumb and ridiculous some of these are.

I did not say I want it to happen, it just won’t surprise me.

11. Philly bout to clinch the EAST with this Dallas L!

12. nonsense? really? penalizing somebody for celebrating when their not disrespecting anybody is the definition of nonsense.

so because none of them have been entertaining enough in your eyes you wouldnt be surprised if they were banned? I really don't think that's part of the criteria for banning things.

13. I don’t think you understand what I’m talking about in general:roflmao:

14. so please help me to understand what your saying. because I look at it as unless a team blatantly coordinates a disrespectful display there is no logical reason for them to revert back to the No Fun League rules.

like comeon guys this isnt the NBA where two or three guys can win you the game. all 11 men on that field are required to bring it to succeed for each unit in football. if they have success they deserve the opportunity to celebrate, as a unit (not just the guy who gets the stat) unpenalized.

15. I already did, what I said is not that complicated.

No hard feelings though bro, what do you say we go out back and pretend to resuscitate the ol’ pigskin?

16. We're not going to agree on this but it doesn't really matter, the rules have been changed, the way you see it is the way the league sees it now.

I don't really have a problem with high fives all around, chest bumps, that sort of thing but it's these choreographed routines that they go into after they score that bug me. I've never been one to showboat, I think it's best to let the play speak for itself and maybe have a mild celebration afterwards.

17. Well I'm not trying to get u to change ur stance, I'm trying to better understand yours, so thank you for that explanation of why you are opposed, unlike this other guy who apparently has no time for that

I'll just have to assume he's coming from the same school of thought you are.

• Like Like x 1