Football Official NFL Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Johnny Blazed, Sep 4, 2008.

1. I don't know how but the Jaguars have two sold out games this year (doesn't mean secondary tickets aren't available. but still WTF is wrong with my city. we haven't had a blackout in 7 years but the first game is mostly packer fans vacationing

2. the bills actually have some decent players behind Shady. they have mike gilleslee who is unknown around the league(you might know him from the florida gators tho) but he is big, fast and averaged 5.7 ypc with 3 tds last year when pressed into duty. they also have jonathan williams, a rookie out of arkansas who was very productive in college but missed the 2015 season due to a foot injury. he is also a bigger back with some speed.

i dont like that they cut Karlos, but in all reality i dont think it effects the team at all. we have two more than competent backups that are both young and can fill the bigger back role that Karlos played.

3. you have a bunch of transplants from other parts of the country that moved to florida. thats why they struggle to sell out. they simply arent jags fans.

this is why i think the NFL should not go to vegas. vegas gets millions of tourists from across the world and they wont necessarily be loyal to a vegas NFL team.

4. I disagree with that, I would not believe you have ever been to Jacksonville with that assessment. Vegas would have to win a lot like LA or NY or nobody cares about you. that's the problem with Vegas

5. ive never been to florida at all..... but i know that tons of people move to florida from other places or they stay in florida during the winter months, aka football season. and those people would be fans of whatever team they grew up near most likely. i think that is certainly a factor in jacksonville and even miami having poor fan support. a large percentage of the population there is not loyal to the local teams.

i think another factor is that you have three teams in the state so its a diluted market.

trust me, its not simply because the jags suck. plenty of teams in the NFL suck and have great fan support. the bills have not made the playoffs for 16 years and they sell out damn near every game. and the reason for that is the fans are loyal. they grew up in the buffalo area and thats their team. they dont have anything else.

6. i forgot to convey context in we only sold out two games, I shocked that we sold any tickets at all. this people are idiots to thing we will field any winner team, but our new stadium is going to be the center of Khans new Jax where football is an after thought. most games sell out or close before or day of

So my complaint is that we actually have fans support this terrible regime. which like i told you before jacksonville is not a bunch of transplants. I don't think you know that many people. the market is not diluted the cites and TV markets are father than NY, which has two teams in one city another in buff.

7. It's the same thing with MLB down there. I went to see a game at Tropicana Field in St. Pete, and the crowd was split 50/50 between Rays and Sox fans with a bunch of empty seats. In Minneapolis, we fill our ballpark regardless of what the season looks like for the Twins (this season is a perfect example.) It's always packed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Guys, let's not talk about Vegas.

Unless the Chargers go, then we can talk about Vegas all day every day. ;)

9. haha damn, romo hurt again?

10. Sounds like he's fine, but the sun is setting on his career anyways. Dak Prescott looks legitttttt.

Romo has been good, despite for the big game failures. That team went to hot garbage every time he has been hurt.

11. NYC is the 2nd biggest city in the world and its big enough to support two separate teams. NYC is completely separate from upstate New York. its like two different worlds. so really, the actual state of NY has one team, the Bills. and the huge Metropolis of NYC and the NJ area has the jets and the giants. its not comparable to having 3 teams in florida at all.

and i stand by my assessment that florida is filled with transplants. i personally know tons of people from my area that moved there or go there in the winter months. and im sure its the same for many other colder weather areas. its known that florida sports teams usually have wishy washy fan bases with unloyal fans. so im not going to argue that any further.

12. but you have never been here. my complaint is that our base is blinded like i just told you. so how do you get wishy washy from that. speak on stuff you know about not what you think

13. Fucking Dish employee I live with said Fox is unlikely to come back by week 1. Sonofabeeatch

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Dallas is certifiable. Romo fractures multiple vertebrae in his lower back. Doctors say he'll miss between six and ten weeks. Jason Garrett is now saying he won't rule Romo out for week one after Romo was fitted for a back brace.

They can't possibly let this dude play. Tremendous amount of risk.

• Like Like x 1
  15. The guy is a ticking time bomb. He's a hit away from serious harm. Pretty sad. Hopefully they at least give him time to heal.. I thought dak looked pretty good anyway.

16. Kaepernick is a pussy bitch

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Said last Tuesday Romo would get hurt. Only took a couple days to come true.

18. The Jags have a solid roster right now. they have a chance to be competitive this season imo

19. two best young WR in the game. need a coach Bradley ain't it. QB is above avg. secondary is great but way to young to do any playoff damage. D line and O line is the biggest question and they didn't look good, the whole 1st team looked terrible actually last game