Official Man Vs Wild thread.

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Stigma, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Well I know that we have a lot of Bear Grylls haters on this site, but I know there has to be some outdoorsy stoners that can appreciate what the guy does. So this is for the REAL outdoor enthusiasts. (not for pussy hippies that think spending a week living like a homeless man is "surviving")

I personally think its one of the best shows on tv right now. The guy does shit that NO other survival show hosts will even attempt, and not only does HE do it, he brings average people with him every once and a while to show us just how extreme some of the stuff he does really is.

Oh, and before anyone busts my balls for being a fan. I KNOW the guy drinks his own piss. :D

Seriously though, in a survival situation it is a very effective way to stay hydrated if u REALLY need to. U cant blame the guy for giving people life saving information, and actually sacrificing himself to show peopl that it WILL work.

Any other blades like this show as much as me???

2. Yeah, I dig that show.I know it's always a little over the top and not exactly a good example of how to survive.But he's entertaining and quite the athlete in the woods.

3. yea i dont like how all the haters say he sucks. i mean the man bit into a live, raw fish and guts spewed out of the gills, if thats not entertainment what is?

4. he's entertaining and that's really all that matters.

5. Watching the new episode right now. Love this show.

6. [​IMG]

he's only brought "normal" people 3x, excluding the crew. but yea i enjoy it, its good knowledge to have.

7. Who did he bring along?

All I can remember are Will Farrel and Jake g----hall

8. He is over the top because he is a bad ass. :D

I hate when people say "thats not what u should do in a survival situation" when they have never even BEEN in a a situation where they had to survive on their own.

Bear shows u how an EXPERIENCED person would prosper in the wild. Not just survive. Its almost like we have been so sheltered that we would rather just say "I cant do that" than actually try.

I dont understand why people dont like him either. Everyone LOVED the crocodile hunter, and he did WAY dumber shit. (hence his death)

Yep, not to mention he is a bad ass hunter and fabricates some unbelievable stuff out of random shit he finds.

Got in recorded so I can watch as soon as I get off work. :D

He has only brought those 2 as far as I can remember. Its just nice to see him bring someone a long without the experience.

Did u see that fuckin rope that him and Jake G. climbed across. He actually made Jake G. look like a bad ass. :D

9. =( if it wasn't staged... i'd have more respect for the show, just saying.

10. Every single survival show on television is staged. (hence the disclaimer)

He may not have spent the night in the wild a few of the episodes, but u cant stage 99% of the stuff he does.

I have seen this guy climb up shit I wouldnt dare attempt. Have u seen the episode where he climbs up that railroad/bridge thing? Or when he scales rock walls??? The guy is a BEAST.

11. Well,two things you don't do in a survival situation is get wet and risk injury,ie.climb crazy shit.Which Bear constantly does.

12. I learn a lot more survival information from dual survival. If any of us were in a survival situation we wouldn't do half the crazy shit bear does. Though it is entertaining.

13. Maybe YOU dont. Your not a trained professional like Bear is.

Obviously he knows what he is doing, and is very experienced in surviving in places that "most men wouldnt last a day". :D

I have a friend that is a river guide here in Leavenworth, WA. I have asked him a few times weather or not he thought the show was giving useful advice, and he has always told me that the show is no different than going to a survival class and listening to an instructor. Bear just SHOWS u while he instructs.

Its not like he jumps in water and doesnt explain how to dry yourself off quickly, and how important it is to make sure u dont catch hypothermia.

He does the "risky" things because he knows in a REAL survival situations u must take risks. He explains this WHILE he does the stuff. U need to unmute the shit and listen. :D

14. What is something u learned on dual survival that Man vs. Wild hasnt covered already??

(other than how to stay with a partner or find them if u get serperated)

I actually think Dual Survival is a great show too. U can tell that Dave is like Bear. He takes risks. He is willing to do things that Cody says is dumb.

Who always comes back with food though? Who always has to blaze the trail and LEAD them in the right direction??

Where as Cody is better with making fire and making shelter. Cause he was homeless for many years.

Both ways work.

I still like Dave better than Cody though. :D

15. Dude.get over it.It's a TV show.I'm sure you couldn't imagine the behind the camara circus that follows Bear.

16. I just watch the show to be entertained by Bear's crazy shit, like drinking bottles of his own piss while he makes a tent out of a dead buffalo's skin as he cooks a rattle snake.

Watching it while high is awesome, Netflix took away a lot of the episodes they use to have, they only have 1 season on instant stream right now. I like the Yukon, Sahara, South Dakota, and Oregon ones on there....well all of them really. :smoke:

17. Yeah love getting stoned and watching it in hd

18. I have seen the "behind the scenes" episode where they show u how they set up some of the situations, and have support right there in case something bad happens.

All the shows have that though.

Its TV man.

19. ^ got a chuckle outta me