Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. #19081 DaPhats, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    They just said on the broadcast that the road team has never won the first 6 games of a series in MLB, NBA or NHL.

EDIT: I just saw Bob Costas say this is the first time it's happened in 1400 seven-game series (MLB, NBA, NHL combined). Wowzers

• Like Like x 1
  2. I will never hear the end of it. Washington is a white collar city. Baltimore is a blue collar working class city. I was born in D.C. but lived most of my life in Maryland. I'm a big Orioles fan. D.C. can kiss my fat ass.

3. Now there is a record that can't be broken. The visitors won every game in a 7 game series.
    Before they beat the record with 6, previously 5 games had happened twice.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Doesn't DC have sections of it that aren't white collar though? I thought it was a pretty diverse...

5. I mean people who work there. people in the NSA FBI CIA.

6. Well that's true. But there's still the rest of DC that nobody really thinks about that is probably thrilled about the world series win...

7. I bet a TRILLION BUCKS they come back and win it.......................:passing-joint:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I hate that the Nats have won. The Orioles are in a rebuilding stage. Give us two years and we'll be a playoff team. A lot of big name FA are out there. You're going to see the Yankees make some big moves.

9. Now someone's leaked an email from an Astro's executive asking scouts how to steal signs being relayed from the dugout. lol.

“One thing in specific we are looking for is picking up signs coming out of the dugout,” the sender wrote in the 2017 email, which was provided to The Athletic. “What we are looking for is how much we can see, how we would log things, if we need cameras/binoculars, etc. So go to game, see what you can [or can’t] do and report back your findings.”

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/11/17/astros-executive-email-cameras-steal-signs

10. Being in IT I can see sign steeling getting pretty bad in the future. You just need camera's recording every sign a catcher throws down and a database to keep track of them. Algorithm's would very quickly find out exactly what pitch is being called given the sign system used between the pitcher and catcher. And with 162 games you could track every pitcher/catcher combo in the game. Even when a system get's changed mid inning, the algorithm would figure out which system they're using within a pitch or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. By signing Cole the MFY will win the 2020 World Series. :bang:

12. Man, I should have been a pitcher when I was growing up. $35 million per year for these guys. That's $10,600 PER PITCH if they threw 100 per game. Wow.

13. Start training , become a phenomenon

Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. that is going too far. I'm no fan of the Astros, but damn!

15. Now Alex Cora resigned as coach of the BoSox and Carlos Beltran resigned as coach of the Mets.

I can imagine all the cheater signs and trash talk at Astro's games next year. Hahaha

16. that means the Dodgers was cheated out of 2 WS.

17. The Dodgers get Price and Betts. Yankees Dodgers WS.

18. Finally, the day is here.

Baseball is back :)

• Like Like x 2