Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Yo fuck James shields

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. James Shields before Bartolo Colon HR: 40.2 IP, 37 H, 16 R (16ER), 16 BB, 28 K, 5 HR, 3.54 ERA
    James Shields after Bartolo Colon HR: 35.1 IP, 57 H, 39 R (37 ER), 20 BB, 34 K, 9 HR, 9.42 ERA

Career ERA went up 0.11 in his last four starts (he's pitched almost 2,200 innings in his MLB career).

3. Such a white sox move to pick this guy up

4. Lackey sucking it up tonight. Still a lot of game left. Go Cubs

• Like Like x 1
  5. Smh. I stopped watching in the 5th when the WS were up 4-0. Hope Shields didn't give up the last 5 runs.... was really hoping he'd have a good day, and his first 5 weren't bad.

6. Bro, what's going on with your Sox?

They had the best record in the American League up until mid-May or June. Now they're 4th in the AL central lol. On top of that, they got shutout last night against my ugly Twins.

7. I wish I knew man. I wish they knew what was going on :laughing: they're scrambling
    They won tonight, but almost blew it going in to the 9th up by 8 runs. Wtf?

• Like Like x 1
  8. S'co Yankees

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. lol Twins scored 17 runs today against the Rangers....

Not sure where that came from, but we sure could've used that May and June... Bottom of the entire league now, so depressing.... At this point I'm just I'm hoping they don't get Molitor fired.

10. All star game tonight. Chris Sale starting pitcher for the AL. He definitely deserves it

Anyone know a decent website to order cheaper MLB jerseys from?

11. I can't watch mlb all star game cuz Dish took away that channel. Fuck u Dish, u piece of shit. Now how else can I watch the AL win to give the Yankees home field?

12. Astros sign Cuba's best ballplayer, Yulieski Gurriel, to a 5yr deal worth $44mil. Gurriel is 30 years old and has been Cuba's best player for about a decade.

Astros expecting him to be up with the major league club in a month and will have him play 3B. Not sure what this means for one of baseball's top 5 prospects, Alex Bregman. May or may not be traded. Assumption is by August that 1B will be Luis Valbuena (shifting from 3B), Altuve at 2B, Correa at SS, Gurriel at 3B, and a DH platoon of Evan Gattis and top prospect AJ Reed. Unless they trust Bregman in LF to platoon with Colby Rasmus he doesn't have a position to be play at for this season and potentially longer so they could be looking to trade Bregman for pitching help.

13. Boston sucks

14. Almost 30 1st inning pitches for Nova :(

0-0 cuz outfield bailed him out

15. Cubs on the verge of acquiring Aroldis Chapman from NYY in exchange for their #1 prospect, SS Gleyber Torres. Deal is pending an extension for Chapman.

That bullpen turned around quick. Chapman at closer, Hector Rondon as set-up man, Pedro Strop for the 7th inning, plus Joe Nathan, Trevor Cahill, Mike Montgomery, Travis Wood, and Carl Edwards.

Even after trading Torres, they still have a wealth of prospects (P Pierce Johnson, P Duane Underwood, P Dylan Cease, 2B Ian Happ, 3B Jeimer Candelario, OF Billy McKinney, OF Mark Zagunis, OF Eloy Jimenez) on top of the guys just getting their feet wet at the ML level this season (Javier Baez, Albert Almora, Willson Contreras, Carl Edwards).

16. Want to see the game when Ichiro hits his 3k career hit. Should happen within the next few days.

17. Sox make 0 trades. Fine by me I guess, would have liked to see Robertson and James Shields traded for some younger guys but maybe in the off season. Super glad to see Sale and Quintana still around, because there's no way they'd be able to get a good trade for them

18. Congrats, Ichiro. 3,000 hits. Imagine if he was in the MLB before age 28.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Was thinking he was going to stick around and make next year his final season, so he could hit 700 and ultimately break the Babe's record. At least Red Sox fans will get to boo him one last time.