Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. after that last angle, his hand definately missed the bag otherwise hes safe.

watch Lee pitch a perfect game lol

2. The crowd celebrates a walk, hahahaha. That's when you know the pitcher is nasty. As long as Lee is in the game, they aren't getting shit off him.

3. God damn all i have to say is fuck michael young hes the only one Andy can't get out

4. more like fuck the seattle mariners for screwing us

and all you fuckers at the trade deadline who said getting lee was overkill.. yeah okay

5. Who are these schmuck relievers the Yankees put in there? I guess they threw up the white flag.

6. wow im glad i turned it off when it was 0-4

and AJ burnett is pitching game 4?? haha this is why i said we weren't repeating

7. if the yankees had cliff lee would this even be a series? come on now, dont be that spoiled yankee fan...

im sick of this crowd at the stadium for the past couple of seasons. this ballpark is dead, you could hear a pin drop when we were only two runs out of it.

8. #68 Phamas, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    nah dude dont give me that spoiled yankees fan shit thats a bunch of bullshit

any time you can add a pitcher of his caliber, you fucking do it.

you never hear anyone bitching about the phillies trading for roy halladay and roy oswalt?? isn't that overkill? no?? why?? just because its not the YANKEES?? please dude

9. If Cliff Lee faces Halladay in the WS, I don't know what I'll do.

What a conundrum that'd be.

• Like Like x 1

10. Baby batter.

11. Great fucking pitching this postseason.

Being a fan of no contending teams, I love this shit.

12. Who do you want in the NLCS

13. That's what I love so much, I really don't care.

I'd love to see Halladay and Oswalt and that nasty Philly offense.
    But I'd also love to see Lincecum, Cain, and Posey.

14. You have to be kidding me!! Lee is a beast and the Yankees blew their shot!! Plus this series is only 1 inning away from being 3-0 in favor of Texas. CJ Wilson shut them down too. AJ Burnett tomorrow??? EEEK! I am just sayin that if the Yankees rotation was CC Sabathia, Any Petite, Cliff Lee and Me they would be the hands down favorite to win the AL. Do you think the Phillies were the favorite in the NL before they added Oswalt??? Nope! But they made the move that they HAD to make... So did the Rangers and the Yankees did not. Sorry man but that is how it is. That is the truth and any baseball fan will tell you that the Yankees didn't go get it this year. If by chance they do beat Texas to make it to the World Series do you HONESTLY think they will beat either Halladay, Oswalt and Hamels or Lincicum, Sanchez and Cain??? I dont think so man. You see what these pitchers are doing this post season??... Mowin em down. CC, Andy and AJ dont scare ANYBODY bro.

As far as the crowd goes that is all Cliff Lee... Even if the score was 0-0 and that homer was never hit by Hamilton(AL MVP) the crowd still would have been quiet for 2 reasons. 1st is that the price of tickets keeps the rabid fans and the real fans which are mostly middle class from being at the game to make noise. 2nd and most important- When the Yankees batters are getting caught lookin for strike 3 or are swinging at what they think the pitch is going to be then they were walking back to the dugout all night shrugging their shoulders and shaking their heads. A-Roid even rolled his eyes right into the camera after he was rung up. When your players are befuddled and they show no signs of hope then the fans looking on will also have no hope. I guess you can go back to the 1st paragraph and say that they were quiet because they never made a move for Cliff Lee. If they would have acquired him then even if he wasn't on the mound pitching at least he wouldn't be pitching against you. People talk about the Phillies being stupid by not resigning Lee but in my opinion the Yankees made a bigger mistake by NOT trading for him at the deadline. The Phillies had a plan and Lee didnt fit into it. i would take the combination of Halladay and Oswalt any day over 1 Cliff Lee and if Lee was resigned by the Phillies then they would have never signed Halladay.

15. philly's post basically sums up why getting Cliff Lee wouldn't be overkill.. they got their 2 aces plus hamels.. so what were not allowed to get a third ace too?

16. #76 Phamas, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    burnett reminds me of hamels last year, with the comments hes making and shit.. mad odd

im gonna be realistic here, we have to run the table these next 3 games and avoid lee in 7 period.. we beat the phillies 3 games straight in the ws last year so it isn't impossible but it aint gonna be easy

17. Your right Phamas, we definately need to win these next three games theres no way i want to watch Cliff Lee shut us down again in a game 7...who knows maybe we'll catch lightning in a bottle tonight with AJ and he'll throw a great game...:rolleyes:...the bats need to get going tonight though either way.

Looks like Girardi will definately be staying in NY, Cubs just gave a 2 year deal to the interim manager Quade.

18. This is a direct quote that I copied and pasted out of the closed Baseball thread from Phamas... "uhh did you miss last year? short rest ALCS + WS....... i know the schedule made it possible in the ALCS but im telling you Burnett isn't gonna start game 4 if were down 2-1"

Wanna rethink that one buddy?? AHAHA I am just messin wit you man.:D

19. THIS PAGE NEEDS A BIG OLE PHILLIES TATTOO!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. like the phillies tattoo :smoke: reminds me of the actual phils tattoo I got on my arm