OFFICIAL I just got caught thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by pawlywog, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Yeah, I grew up in a border/port city so the cops had more important shit to worry about than some weed. Even the cop that dumped my quarter I can't really complain about. It was a dick move yeah but better than getting arrested.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. After I graduated high school, the summer before I joined the Army, is my "best" I got caught story.

Where I lived was basically a trailer park / low income housing in a very rural area. Like over an hour drive each way to get to the nearest legit grocery store. The only store near where I lived was this little county store that existed basically to sell overpriced gas, cigs and beer to people who didn't want to drive all the way to town. they also had a small bakery and farm market.

That summer the place decided to shut the bakery and instead get doughnuts delivered from another bakery. The gas station opened at 6am, so they had a little cooler outside that the baker would leave the doughnuts in around 4-5am till someone came to open the gas station and put the doughuts in the display cases.

I had a friend who worked there, and as teenager she was usually on closing most nights (midnight on weekends). She told us the lock on the cooler isn't actually locked because they didn't have a key for it and the owner was too cheap to buy a new lock..

Next saturday night.....

Big campout party happening out where I live, around 4am people start getting hungry, and we are all broke stupid teens who only brought weed and beer to an all-night campout.

Me and the boys decide to be a hero, we are going to rob the donut cooler for great justice!

Drove my 1977 primer gray El Camino into the parking lot just as the bakery van was pulling out, no one else around, no cars on the road, looks good to go.

3 of us jump out and throw everything in the cooler into the bed of the camino, in the excitement of our heist, I let loose (that Camino was a shitbox outside but I kept that 5.7 liter V8 in good shape) and burned a huge skid mark out of the parking lot.

Local cop was asleep in his car on the other side of the gas station killing time till his shift ended at 8am, and thats how we woke him up.

Lights pull out behind us, I quickly weigh in my mind if I have the balls to try and outrun him, decide its probably better to just pull over and plead for mercy.

Its a local cop, hes had run-ins with us before, we pull over, we watch him get out and walk towards us buttholes so tight you could crack a diamond in them. As he passes the bed of the Camino, he looks in and see about 80 doughnuts scattered around the back.

He comes to the window "Where the fuck did you boys get all those doughnuts from at 5am on a sunday morning?"

I say they were in there from last night when my brother was driving the car, and maybe the cop can go talk to him about it, first bullshit I could think of.

Cop puts us all in cuffs and sits us about 20 feet apart on the side of the road and questions us independantly. My dumb-ass firend while talking to him says "Well I don't know where the doughnuts came from either, but I mean like I think there were 60, but maybe there were only 40 right, hard to say. Hey officer X, while we are all here cuffed with our backs turned, why don't you go count and tell us how many there are, maybe it is only 40, or 20...."

He then tore the car apart and found half an old joint under the seat that probably got tossed out the window and blown back in the car months ago.

Both my friends got hammered with community service and probation, the cop knew I was leaving for the Army in like 60 days and let me off with a warning after returning the untrashed doughnuts, and waiting with me till the store opened at 6am to arrange to pay for the damaged ones.

I spend a lot of time high in my middle age wondering how different my life would have turned out had he arrested me (I was 18 and technically an adult). How if that charge would have kept me out of the Army, how would I have paid for college (where I also met my wife) started my life, and eventually ended up owning a small business where I support 7 other employees and their families.

I think about all the value in life I created for myself, and those who work for my company, and realize that I got lucky as fuck on that one, and several other instances in my young life. I firmly believe there are 2-3 moments in my life that had they turned out differently, I'd be just another appalachian idiot living off government assistance while covering my yard with let's go Brandon signs because I never got out and saw the world, met people who while from vastly different cultures, all just wanted a decent job, a safe place to live, and a better future for their kids.

Traveling around the US and abroad I also realized that most of societies major problems are very complex and nuanced, and that the best solution available may be one that still angers a lot of people for legitimate reasons.

My only other regret, is that I didn't keep that fucking El Camino (transmission crapped out and I couldn't afford repairs at the time on the $200 a week the army was paying E-1s), I salivate just thinking to what I could do to that bastard with the resources I have now as a grown man.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Well Army wouldn't take me.. I said fuck college
    Altogether...got hurt working for the state and
    Wound up on social security for the rest of my life. Now here I am 41 with nothing to do but grow pot.
    I still have to move though, I hate this lousy ass
    Neighbor Hood ...this state and all the Lousy
    Prickish No good, Flat footed, uneducated, goofy,
    Backstabbing, lower than pond scum, ignorant
    Ass, vanilla wafer looking mother fuckers around here ......

4. TBH, I agree with you on that. While I was in school on the GI bill I had to work part time to pay for my apt because that was waaaaay cheaper than living in dorms.

So many young kids there with no direction, no desire to learn, just there because your a middle class white kid and your parents can afford it, really pissed me off. How the fuck do you fail classes in college when you've got 15 hours of class time a week, and your folks are paying for your food, room and board and you live right there on the actual campus.?

I have several friends who went to college who are struggling with finding jobs, I also have several friends who are plumbers, electricians, welders and other trades who are making 6 figures before they are 40 because there is a much higher demand for master electrictions and plumbers than music therapists (no disrespect to actual music therapists out there, I recognize that for some people, thats the best way to deal with their issues)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. I agree, I just never really took interest in anything but cannabis...my parents hated it..
    Lol.
    It really is amazing how not giving a fuck about anything when your a kid can follow you for the rest of your life. Trust me, I'm living proof on that being true

6. Don't sell yourself short man, lots of people didn't figure out what they wanted to do until their 40s.

Sam Jackson was over 40 when he had his breakout role in Jungle fever

Stan Lee didn't have his first mainstream hit comic (fantastic 4) until he was 39

Mutherfucking Colonel Sanders didn't even start KFC till he was in his 60s.

At the same time, maybe you won't be the next millionaire but who says thats a bad thing right? Success is how you define it, to me it means as long as you left the world, and your loved ones in better places when its your time to go, who TF cares how you spent your days, at least it wasn't actively fucking people over like so many of our leaders (political, spiritual or otherwise) keep doing.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Wow man, ...thanks brother, now I don't feel so bad about life ....you really should be a motivational speaker....you sure made your words hit home with me !!.. damn, thank you... suddenly my day is so bright
    And carefree... RESPECT

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. No prob man, don't want to derail this sweet getting caught thread, but send me a message or something if you ever need to (or anyone else out there lurking who feels the same). I spent over a decade battling PTSD, depression, and have been a lifelong compulsive.

A couple of times in my life, I was lucky enough to hear another voice in the dark call out "Bro, everything is just as fucked up over here, and we don't have a clue what the hell to do about it either, but we gonna keep going forward, cause I know theres nothing but darkness where I came from."

I'll pay that forward for the rest of my life.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. I have so much respect for you it's not funny..
    You are a shining light in a world of darkness
    If the world had more folks like you
    It would a much less fucked up society as a whole..
    Yeah I deal with PTSD .. DEPRESSION... BI-POLAR.... ANXIETY DISORDER...it's hard sometimes to get up and face the day, and people on occasion.. when that speaker in Walmart goes off it really fucks me up..
    Can't be around a large crowd of people like Walmart or grocery stores on account of me feeling like I'm trapped and then I get short of breath and start to panic..
    So yeah I can say I know better than most about disorders..
    PTSD has to be right up there as one horrible condition...waking up in the night screaming
    And crying over my dearly departed wife, dad and mom... certain things trigger it when I'm awake as well, such as certain cologne... perfume
    Songs, Etc....even hospitals can trigger it...
    Yeah...it's a fucked thing to deal with daily my friend

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ehh.. They weren't surprised when my bowl slipped from my hoodie pocket in the kitchen. I had parents who gave no fucks, nor could they judge me for it.. mother used to partake in crack, but in her words "she's grown she can do what she wants. And quit when she wants" Jail, two weeks later and still "struggles", and fathers drug of choice was coke. Till I washed off a plate out of panic, because he was BEYOND stricked. Little did I know, it was HIS plate... But he went to rehab, it was cool they gave me pudding when I visited. But personally I don't think I was worried about getting caught, I mean I wasn't stupid about it because I never knew what I'd be walking into.. I never smoked at home, did a smell check, and put in eye drops before I even got to the door.. even after the bowl incident.

11. I sold a house once with a mini bong on a shelf. The guy made a great offer so...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sometimes it's not that hard to fool the cop, but the dog KNOWS.

I didn't get cought but it was as close as it could come. We were returning to Oklahoma from So. Cal. in the middle of winter. Interstate 40 was closed for ice so we had to take 10. Right alond the Mexico border. The first sign we saw said "Check Station Ahead". Bad enough. Second sign said "Working Dog On Duty". I had 2 onces in the trunk. My wife didn't know about it. She was asleep in the back seat and my dog was in the front.

I pulled up to the STOP sign, called the dog onto my lap, "There's a puppy dog" and shook her enought to get her really excited and barking. My wife kept saying "you're making her bark. Both dogs were barking so hard he just waved us on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I GOT CAUGHT ALL THE TIME. been a wake & baker since 1974. We used to hide it from our parents > kids> grandkids.Used to hide my stash in my bro's closet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I smoked in my house for 10 years before I moved out, my room was always smelling like weed. My mom chose to ignore it, hell she even asked my aunt's husband if he could sell me some weed he grows, my mom would always come home with free weed for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not me (this time) but a buddy.

One Saturday when we were kids, we headed to a small amusement park with a couple rides and an arcade. We had about a half ounce of some mediocre bud drenched in hash oil.

We were high as a kite and when we noticed a cop walking around a short distance away, my buddy said he was gonna go bust his balls a little. I thought he was kidding.

As he turned away from me and toward the cop, I noticed the bag of weed sticking out his shirt pocket. The cop was close enough that I couldn't say anything about the weed, and I tried to get him to come back where I was standing, but he was on a mission and ignored me

He walked up to the cop and started talking to him and the cop reached out and pulled the bag out of his pocket with a big smile on his face. Terry, not so much at this point.

He talked to my buddy for a few minutes, then called me over to where they were standing. He asked me if I wanted to drive his car home for him. I said sure. I didn't mention the fact that I didn't have a license yet.

He put the cuffs on him and they walked away while I stood there thinking how stupid the whole thing was. His mother was pissed! She had to make a two hour round trip to pick him up.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. First time my mother discovered it, And told me oh no you know where it gonna end if you continue. 8 years later she was close to that hideout. I told her sorry here is it

17. Not me but some years back in college my friend got caught by campus police with a whole ass bong and herb in her car. They decided to only book her for her fake ID that they found