OFFICIAL how to roll the perfect joint

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by HIGHTillYaDIE, May 20, 2006.

1. If anyone can match me for joint EXPERTISE i will rep you.
    i am THE BEST i know.

[​IMG]

2. #22 Psidhrian, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
    Ok...i see we have some east coasters here. this is how you do it, from San Francisco, and Humbolt counties:

1. Get some dank bud, and if you want whatever mixer you want (tobacco, ground up leaf, shamans hashish, etc.)
    2. Prepare a mix. A mix consists of whatever bud you use along with whatever fillers you want as well. The consistency of the mix is KEY. It needs to be fine so air can pass through it for an even burn. However, if it is too fine, it will go through your crutch (if you use one) or it will burn funny in one place and not the other. It can also produce "hot rocks" which fall out of your doob and burn crap, like your carpet and couch. So what you want to do, since grinders/scissors/handbreaking still produces particles that are finer than others, is make sure you mix your bud well. Just make sure that there are equal parts of small pieces to large pieces throughout your mix. If you are using tobbacco, get rolling tobacoo it has less chemicals and is more conducive to holding things togethter. if using hashish make sure you prepare it by grinding it up super fine, creating a sliver, or heating it slowly into powder.
    3. now we get our high quality papers. I use smoking brand rice papers, but they are out of business now so skunks have been my replacement. Also, bambu's have been around forever and their rice papers and hemp papers are top notch.
    4. there are many different ways to start a joint:
    -straight joint- the classic j. you just need a normal paper and a crutch if you desire.
    -motorboat - this is a good way to prep your paper if you dont want to loose anything, and you are on the go. great for hash joints and keefe. the trick is, you get your paper set up properly, with a crease down the center lengthwise and the gum facing you. close the paper and grab the two corners where the crease is. Twist these two corners like your finishing a joint. open up the paper carefully to form a "motorboat" with witch to fill your doob. Roll, and fix the twists if you want, it smokes fine if you dont.
    -cone- simple like a straight joint, just roll it into a cone shape.
    -two paper cone, or L-shape - here we prep two papers before we roll. Simply take one paper, with a crease in the middle and the gum facing you, and stick another paper in an L-shape (90 degrees) to the first one. you do this with the edge of the gum on the perpendicular edge of the other paper. Seriously this is way simpler than it sounds. just make an l shape. Roll into a massive cone shape and apply crutch if desired.
    -dutch bud - take two papers, make a square with them by joining them together with gum. make sure it makes a square (just like oragami in third grade kids, remember all those years back...ahh good times). fold this square diagonally accross the middle, leaving one edge of gum exposed. fold this gum over onto the edge you just made and seal. You now have a gigantic cone you can fill with bud. Fill it and attatch to another, open ended, joint, or a card tube. attatch by wrapping the excess paper around the j, or tube, and creating a seal with some gum strips or string (by the way gum strips are just made by stripping the gum off of a paper).
    - Reverse joint - for advanced users only, i will describe this after the main rolling process.

5. Surfaces are the only other thing you should use before you start rolling. I would use a table or a large letter paper or anything you can catch stray flying bud. Especially if your a begginer and not motorboating on the go. YOU WILL LOSE WEED, unless you have been rolling forever. use a surface it will save you money.

6. now that we have prepared papers. time to roll. the basic idea for all of these joints is the same: to get a uniform compact mix, pressed but not pummeled into a paper tube, be it cylindrical or conical, through which air, and likewise smoke, can be sucked, and a joint that produces a clean even burn. Firstly i put my material within the papers into two piles. Everyone i see roll doesn't use this technique, but it is crucial to perfectly straight joints. The reason, as you put pressure on the two piles it compresses and spreads out your mix. Using two piles this spreading and compression will push them together and create an all around even roll. if you use one pile your joint usually ends up pregnant, fat in the middle but skinny on the ends. Are we here to roll pregnant joints? no, i think this is called how to roll the perfect joint. So, after you get your two piles, you shape your doj into whatever shape a j you are rolling. Basically, if you can get your pile of doj all compressed and in its final shape before you wrap the paper around it, you will be far better off. (you do all this shaping within the paper of course otherwise you must be really stoned or really stupid)

7. After shaping, the next part is the tuck and roll. This is THE MOST DIFFICULT PART OF ROLLING A JOINT and it TAKES THE MOST PRACTICE, and there are too many techniques for it to go into depth. I use my index fingers, other people use the table method, i will go over these two methods.
    After getting your shape in the paper, you need to roll this shape as far to the bottom of the paper as possible without looseing any bud, if your rolling a cone roll your paper diagonally and do the same. What we're trying to do here is get the edge of the paper to go over the bud but under the other side of the paper so we can do a wraparound and seal. Once the edge of the paper is basically in the center top of your shape you can stop and use the table method or finger method. The finger method requires you to hold the joint between your thumbs and middle fingers, thus leaving your index fingers to do a final pack, and hold the edge of the paper down so you can roll the gummed side over it and seal. The table trick incorperates the table as a crutch to do the same thing, simply useing all of your fingers, this produces a more perfect tuck, but you look kinda lame and you can do a perfect j by hand with practice.

8. Sealing seems to be controversial on this thread. after rolling over the main part of the j to the point where now only the gum is exposed, i get a small amount of saliva on the very tip of my tounge and spread it over the gum. Some say that this rips the paper, if you have good papers it wont, i have never had this happen. If you can't finesse the tounge well enough, use your wetted little finger, but maybe you lack the finesse to be rolling a joint in the first place. After the gum is wet roll the sucker all the way up. If you have to seal and dry the ultra wet part with a lighter hovering about an inch away from the seam. Light and smoke.

THE REVERSE J

this is the smoothest straight j you will smoke because it has half the paper.

Get ready with a paper. If it is creased already fold it inside out, if it is not creased make a crease so that the gum is facing you but no longer on the opposite side of the paper, it will be on the side of the paper that is closest to you (the gum will be the edge where the tuck takes place and it will be gluing there too). fill your paper, roll into a shape as usual. Now tuck the sucker but dont roll it up all the way. You can see where the gum is going to stick to the INSIDE of the new tube. Lick the outside of the paper, allowing moisture to soak through and activate the glue. Apply a little pressure where needed and trim off the extra paper. For super fancy party times, get the glue part really really sloppy wet, but try to keep it cetralized on the gum strip, and light the excess paper on fire. The wet gum will prevent the j from being completely consumed in flames.

I hope this helps, Enjoy and dont attempt this if you are all togeter too stoned.

How do I know all this, i smoke an ounce a day in California, LEGALLY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THE DUTCH BUD (flower, tulip, rose, whatever)

3. haha this topic is hilarious

i totally expected something all informative and shit OFFICIAL

and it's like a paragraph of

"Make sure u break up the weed very nice and fine "

4. That is beautiful....

It should be on display. :smoking:

5. qft :wave:

6. qft...

7. i know a guy who rolls his own tobacco joints as well as weed joints and he says that hes been rolling since he was 12, hes 23 now. I've seen him roll the perfect joint in literally less than 10 seconds, he says his fingers have gotten used to the motions, therfore: PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

8. I am so sorry...I was just trying to relay information.....apparently if you do that your an as* or something. If you noticed my main point in every step was PRACTICE. obviously you are all too retarded to write a whole sentence and are jealous that i have the amount of weed (grower for clubs), time, and intelligence to give an informative response to a very poorly written thread.

9. Wall of text itt

10. not much for modesty are we?

11. and its not straight....wtf?

12. Just search it on youtube. Here I found a perfect video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4qiVf8XSJ8&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

13. Seconded

14. I know a lot of people who can roll just as well as that. But then it's not hard to roll a quality joint of that size. Post a pic of one of your monstrous L's and I'll be impressed.

Here's a few of my older joints. I'd roll one right now but I'm all out of Kings and it would be a waste to roll with mini papers when you can just blast some bongs.

[​IMG]

There's one I rolled in the summer, with a size comparison against a large tube of gel. It took a good 45 minutes to smoke and needless to say, I didn't need to skin up again that night :p

15. its all in the practice. read forums, watch youtube videos, watch your friends.. then try the diffferent methods and see which is the easiest for you. take that, and practice. ask more specifically, were you are having problems. i for example always have problems making the join ttight; ive been smoking for 3 years and i sometimes i roll a perfect joint sometimes i have to do it again.

its all in practice, man. patience.

16. For alot of people rolling a joint is an art, and it's completely different for everyone. You can show someone hints, but you can't always show them ''HOW''. To be honest I think a few things are a little overkill, or odd in yours, such as using your finger... I like to keep both my hands on the jay to ensure a tight roll, if I took a hand off(especially for a new joint roller), it could become loose.

17. rolling is like everything else guys, practice makes perfect
    i roll my joints in a cone shape got 2 g in one this morning of master bubba kush , it was beautiful, one of my favorite highs :smoking:

18. Corrected because it made me want to bleed.
    Also, these are instructions for an INSIDE OUT joint.

Also, video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUv9CZMsa1A]YouTube - Daily Smoker - roll a joint - Inside Out[/ame]

Dailysmoker is the best.

19. thx for posting this, im nub at rolling joints, not bad at blunts, but I usually will just pack a bowl with my piece. But, if i ever am without it, ill know what im doing, or have some idea.