Official Hookah Thread

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Bad Salmon, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Where the hookers at !?! POST PICS PLEASE

2. Does anybody here on GC have an extra hookah hose valve like the one below? I'd hook up whoever sends it with a few PayPal bucks (or just some good karma and lots of gratitude :) ) I have a 2 hose mod but one of the valves came welded shut so only one hose is useful :( Thanks in advance if anyone is willing to send one! Just PM me on here.

[​IMG]

3. wanna see a cool smoke trick I did?

[​IMG]

4. its a cool photo, but fake blurring looks bad on EVERYTHING...

Sorry, just had to say it. :eek:

5. [quote name='"Mattbo4"']

And a complete waist of weed.[/quote]

Qft me and a friend wasted a few grams of mids using his hookah. I ended up tipping over the bowl anyway though hahah

6. Just got re-united with my hookah after being away for 8 months. Smoking some double apple. :D :smoke:

7. Double apple + mint is the way to go.

Also mixed fruit + mint mmmhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.

8. i love my piece-of-shit hookah a lot. i'm partial to al fakher shishas, particularly the jasmine and vanilla, though all their other ones tend to be great too. love getting lifted and smoking hookah! recently i've taken to putting brewed herbal iced tea in the base. do this, it is delicious.

9. Figured I'd bump this since i'm going to be chillin with my hookah today :)

Any suggestions on flavor/brand I should get?

10. nakhla double apple, nakhla sweet melon, Al fakher mint, anything tangiers

11. Bought a cheap ass mini hookah, and after smoking a few different shishas I must say, this hookah stuff is pretty freaking great :D

12. Last time I was at the lhs I saw some $20 mini hookahs I don't want to spend too much how would one of those be as my first hookah

13. it should work fine, but if you start getting into hookah and shisha a lot you will definitely want to upgrade and trust me there is a huge difference between a 20 dollar pipe compared to a 100 dollar pipe. if you want a pretty good pipe and dont want to spend a lot of money get a MYA qt or MYA bambino.

14. Bump to say I'm getting one of those $22 hookahs and probably $10 worth of sheesha any flavor recommendations

15. #95 blackleaf28, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    Yikes..

tips to make your hookah experience closer to how it should be:

-get a khalil mamoon or at least a mya, dont f with those cheap shitty pumpkins or any no brand chinese, the draw is horrible and they rust out on you fast

- chuck out your gross, ashy tasting, cancerous quicklight coals, and switch to naturals. You have to use stovetop, but theres no gross taste, less ash, and better heat management

-get a washable hose. Dont wanna be sucking rust from a cheap hose into your lungs

-avoid starbuzz.. It is the most overpriced hipster commercial chemical tasting garbage out there.. High price for very low quality moassel. If youre sparking a bowl of this i hope you have a few bieber cds to go with it

among the best widely available washed moassels (no tobacco undertone or buzz) in order of greatness are: tangiers lucid, fumari, and social smoke

hookah hookah is about the second lowest quality mainstream brand out there besides starbuzz. Tacky, cheap flavoring agents, low smoke/flavor duration, bad cut. Try to avoid

as for unwashed (more realistic, robust, and buzzy) tangiers noir, tangiers birquq, nakhla mizo, and select nakhla flavors are must trys. Nakhla gets a bad rap because its cheap, but if youre using natural coals, a proper rig, and proper heat management, its one of the most authentic and delicious hookah experiences youre likely to find. Cheap doesnt always mean worse, and in the hookah tobacco industry, cheap often means better

just a few random points, pm me and il be happy to answer any questions you have on proper setup/what to buy to have the right experience smoking hookah. You will never let yourself be subjected to the low quality standard of hookah bars again once you realize what hookah is actually supposed to be like

16. [quote name='"thelizardkin"']Bump to say I'm getting one of those $22 hookahs and probably $10 worth of sheesha any flavor recommendations[/quote]

your local hookah shop is likely to not have much variety.. Id guess af, nakhla, and starbuzz. Pick up the AF, its a great beginner tobacco, decent flavors, half the price of starbuzz and twice as good

17. #97 thelizardkin, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    Ok I got a decent looking hookah for 20 and 3 50gm packs of shisha 2 al fakher apple, melon, and Nile mint I also got 10 coals and a small blue spoon
    Edit what size bowl should I pack

18. [quote name='"thelizardkin"']Ok I got a decent looking hookah for 20 and 3 50gm packs of shisha 2 al fakher apple, melon, and Nile mint I also got 10 coals and a small blue spoon[/quote]

cool, this should be enjoyable for you as a gateway into a very rewarding hobby :)

the nile will probably not be too good, but first timers tend to think everything is good so you should be alright

af melon is a good choice. and I love 2 apples personally, but be warned it tastes heavily of anise (like natural black licorice)

try this setup out for a few months.. If you still like it i recommend gradually upgrading your setup. Most importantly: better tobacco, natural coals, and a better bowl

then a better hookah

then a wide gauge washable hose.

etc.

once you try hookah with the above, the word hookah will take on a whole new sweeter meaning for you and by comparison your current rig or anything you get at hookah bars will make you gag!

highly recommend checking out hookahpro.com if youre interested in learning more. Thats where i learned everything i know

19. Anybody here tried Fantasia Tobacco? I must say I really enjoy surfer on acid :D

20. [quote name='"GrungeJunkie"']Anybody here tried Fantasia Tobacco? I must say I really enjoy surfer on acid :D[/quote]

they have a few ok flavors. Really expensive though, and artificial tasting imo