Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Official: Green dragon recipe thread.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ACCOUNT DEACTIVATED, Nov 15, 2011.

1. GREEN DRAGON

The Legendary green dragon recipe is revealed here!

For the preparation you will need:
    • Measuring jug
    • Digital scales
    • Two litres of Premium 50% (100 proof) vodka
    • Two litre Coka cola bottle
    • Flour siv
    • Small funnel
    • Glass bottle
    • 7 grams of herbal cannabis
    • Herb grinder
    It's like this, Check you have 2 litre's of 50%, if so fill your 2 litre cola bottle with the vodka, Weigh grind and add the full 7 grams of herbal to the vodka, put the top on and shake. The bottle then has to go into a dark cuboard for a minimum of one month, make sure you take it out and shake it every 24 hours though. Once your home brew has matured it should have turned a nice green colour and will be super potent.
    Use the flour siv and the small funnel to extract the liquid into the glass bottle/ bottles leaving behind the withered dark looking plant matter.

Remember to serve up in small whiskey glasses with ice and a small shot of Green Monster energy stimulant and there you go.

The perfect drink.

2. Awesome! How long does it take for the feeling to come into effect?

3. usually takes less time then most edibles on a empty stomach it takes me about 15-20min to feel it but on full stomach maybe 45min-1hr

4. OR...

I've always had GREAT (as in mind-blowing) results by doing the following:

- Decarb a 8th of finely ground DANK in the over (325F for 5 min)
    - Put 2 oz of Everclear in a Pyrex or Mason Jar and bring to 170F in a double boiler (like a little water in a skillet with the mason jar in the middle)
    - Add 8th of dank to the mason jar and carefully stir
    - Let simmer for 20 minutes (much better than waiting weeks)
    - Remove and filter plant material (I use a garlic press)
    - Should yield 30ml (about an oz) of STRONG Green Dragon (Thirty 1 ml drops)!

Less herb, less alcohol, AND a LOT less time!!! These drops are awesome!!!

Enjoy!

5. Have done green Dragon short versiont many times with great success. Last batch I made strained the weed out then decarbed 1/2 gram of C4 hash put the dragon back in the double boiler with another 1/2 oz of 151 rum and the decarbed hash and cooked for ten more minutes. Did not strain the hash out of the Dragon. Dont forget to shake before you dispense so the hash doesnt sit on the bottom. Next batch gonna ise full gram. Tastes great in any soda, green tea, wine, beer, food just about anything you can eat or drink. Just use a dropper or two in whatever. I usually take 2 droppers full then add two more to a big jug of green tea and drink that through out the day. Keeps a nice steady buzz going. Very stealthy, and effective. If you have any aversion to alcohol this is not for you. It requires 151 proof or higher. The dragon has become legend with my friends. 2 droppers and the hang time is 5-10 hrs. One downside is it take me 2hrs before I really start feeling it. So if you try this don't be waiting 15 minutes and take more. You need to follow the original recipe to a tee for this to work well. I messed op a couple of batches. Now that I have it down I have pretty much stopped smoking all together. Never liked coughing my lungs out. If allowed next batch I will do a tutorial. I am set for now though just made a batch this week. The weed you use will be the high you get. Stevia more creative energy sometimes increases anxiety in me with a strong batch. You can't eat your way down with this like you can with smoking so be careful not to take to much. Indica strong batch can lock you on the couch for hours good for relaxing, rest and sleep. Dragon is good for whatever ailment you have use your favorite strains and control your doses. Good

6. Wouldnt it make sense to leave the mix in the sun like you do with tea.. Why would you put it in a dark cupboard?

7. Sunlight can degrade the THC.

Better to always toast/decarb your product for maximum results.

Higher proof alcohol (151,190) should give you better results in less time (steeper gradient)

Ratio seems rather light, I would go with more like an oz per gram or maybe even a little more.

That said I have used 70proof vodka and it worked. Just think it is better to take as many proactive steps to maximize results.

8. This is the way I've always done it as well. You can mess with the amount of herb and everclear(if its illegal in your state any high proof will work) for smaller doses too.

9. I've done it this way too with great results. Problem is I just lost my private kitchen and using the oven to decarb is now out. I can, however, head out to a secluded area with a camper stove and still do the heated extraction. My question is - if your doing a heated extraction, do you still need to decarb? Or are you decarbing while you simmer your mix?

10. I read up on Master Wu's GD explanation and found my answer. Decarb happens at a higher temp than extraction. Here is an excerpt:

"...THC vaporizes at about 380F. We want to heat the cannabis to convert THCA to THC, but keep the temperature under 380F. That is why 325F is used. Between four and five minutes your oven (and house) will start to smell very strong. This is the time to remove the cannabis from the oven.

Notice also that there is considerable misinformation regarding heating the cannabis. It is true that you don't have to heat it to extract both THC and THCA, but the amount of THC in whole plant preparations is relatively small compared to after decarboxylation of the THCA. So if you want to maximize the strength of your tincture you must heat the cannabis prior to extraction...."

The whole run down can be found in this post:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/536042-undried-buds-green-dragon.html

11. Decarb = MUCH Stronger!

12. Solar decarb

Put in foil packet, lay on dash of car (pointed south or southwest) for whole day. Less heat but longer exposure. Might not be perfect but better than not trying at all or overcooking on a grill.