*** Official Grateful Dead Appreciation thread***

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Ryuall420, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Anyone get to go to this show, 34 years ago today ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I didn't see that St. Paul show, but I did see quite a few in '82 (the photo is not St. Paul, it's the Greek in Berkeley--where I saw MANY shows). Second day of Ventura is right up there with my favorites from that same year, 1982. The return of Crazy Fingers in Ventura was epic. I saw more than my share of shows from January of 1978 to May of 1991. I also was able to publish interviews I did with three original band members while there was still a Grateful Dead. Hard for me to believe so many years have passed since Jerry died. I was on a business trip in New Orleans when I got the news. I remember running into some other Deadheads at Jackson Square to lament his passing. These days I'm the Director of Communications for one of Colorado's largest cannabis companies.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hey deadheads!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I feel like a ship of fools because I’m just now finding this thread. Deadheads are fine folks.

5. 32 years since Brent’s last show. An all time favorite pianist of mine.

6. Well D and C says one more ride and I plan to see it in Charlotte NC if I have to crawl.

7. To my knowledge I've never heard a Greatful Dead song (don't hate me)...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Radio wasn’t kind to them until 87 or so (when I found them) with “Touch Of Grey”. They got some play with Ripple and Truckin too I guess. I’ll hang up and wait on an old timer to pop in that hates my generation (Toucheads) and everything to do with these new post Jerry Garcia spin offs who will set us straight. All of the songs and the American Beauty/Workingmans Dead records are well worth a listen.

9. I’ve been listening and focused on the piano/keys end. My fav is Brent tho I know folks are mixed. I listen back to the “so glad you made it” album and it’s hard to get how this is supposed to be a junkie at deaths door. I’ve seen Vince and I enjoy his era also. Bruce is about my all time player.