*** Official Grateful Dead Appreciation thread***

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Ryuall420, Sep 24, 2009.

1. new GD fan in 2014 can you buhlee it? :eek:

i havent listened to everything bc they have so much stuff but i fell in love with american beauty.

some of my fav songs include ripple, box of rain, devils friend, uncle johns band, dark star, touch of grey, i need a miracle.

2. American Beauty is my favourite studio album by them. I love slowly smoking a joint while listening to Candyman and when it gets to that dreamy guitar solo, I always feel tingly and awesome.

lol im gonna do that now cuz im actually rolling a joint hahhaa :smoking:  i wish i was born in the 60s or 70s so i could experience the deadhead movement :(

4. Same. I only got into them in high school like a decade ago.
    I would love to get fried and see them live.

Check out Terrapin Station the full 15 minute song. I think it's similar to Pink Floyd's Atom Heart Mother.
    I seshing with other people and passing the bong around while listening to the whole thing.
    It starts off pretty ordinary then builds up and all the brass comes in and it's just glorious.
    My tolerance is super low, so I'm always high after about 7 minutes in.

so cool dude! :hello:

welcome aboard!!

check out the Europe 72 album.. that's what got me hooked way back when.

im getting into zeppelin and floyd too... i really like the guitar work.

candyman is playing... so soothing. :smoking:

7. Zeppelin and Floyd are fucking top-notch, mate.

Listen to:
    Led Zeppelin: Down by the Seaside, In The Light, No Quarter
    Pink Floyd: Fat Old Sun, Dogs, Echoes, Shine On

8. so whats the deal with veggie burritos?

9. Get tha jerry roll! the veggie burritos are all filler and cold if your getting em post show.

Just moved to Port Chester and looking forward to catching some Phil in the future.  If anyone is a local drop me a line, I'm a bit lost in town besides Garcia's! 

10. And here I never realized we had a GD appreciation thread... *lol*

Hi deadheads.

j

11. WAKE N BAKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN0-gUohb9I

12. #1612 jerry111165, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
  13. Dude - The Persuasions is some old school stuff for sure! Lol

I've heard them do a mess of assorted GD before - funny & cool.

J

And yeah, I know the post was a year old. Where the hell is 70's at anyhow...

J

dude!!

you found us lmao..

man i keep forgetting about this fine thread.

That bobby show with the persuasions was so crazy cool.. i think i may have given you their CD.

stoked for JRAD in a couple weeks man!

15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r9WX5p8EQA

16. Right on! For those of you not aware, Joe Russo's Almost Dead (JRAD) is playing at The Cap in Port Chester NY in 2 weeks.

I'm extending an open invitation for y'all to come and smoke all of your weed with Mr August West and I... Lol!

I don't believe that you did give me that CD AW? Those "Persuasion" guys are some cool cats huh?

One night Althea and I were out at Levon Helm's barn - we were seeing Taj Mahal Trio open up for the Levon Helm band. We were inside early and leave on the head and hour-long documentary of the history of the Persuasions playing on a big screen before the show - it was really cool.

You ever see Taj Majal? That dude is fantastic.

J

fixed :p

may have caught taj mahal at the vibes possibly.. but don't know much about them.

a little JRAD..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWkJ5VYZCNE

18. Ha know that's right - they did play at Vibes a couple of years back - remember the year it was super hot and Amy Helm was like 10 months pregnant? Lol I felt so bad for her that day - I think it hit 106 degrees. That was the same year that Levon and Larry played at the vibes. Taj Majal played before Levon Band... and Tedeschi Trucks played that day too!

The next day we hiked out to Levons for a Ramble. :)

J

19. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycvfVxSHQyk

man i remember that year.. we camped out and it hit 110 on the saturday i think.
    I think i split sunday morning.. i bitched out from the heat lol.

:(

sad day that was...

how you been man?
    haven't seen you in forever.. :)