Official Car Repair Thread

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Deleted member 469440, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where blades can find help when their car, motorcycle, truck, etc. is is broken down or on the verge of breaking down.

Just post anything 'strange' your car is doing, and I'm sure some car savvy blades will help out :smoke:

2. A new 22re engine installed costs 2 grand and should run for upwards of 250k miles with decent maintence.

the 1985-89 toyota pickups rolling chasis is as tough as nails.

so buy a TOYOTA and ignore this thread.

3. my subaru is fucked after driving it through a 40 foot puddle that was 4 feet deep.

now it bucks, surges, has a malfucntion knock sensor, a malfuntioing #4 cyclinder misfire sensor, and would costs me at least 2 grand to get it back into running order. i just spend a grand on new brakes, plugs, wires, and ignition coil.

suburu outbacks are awesome but they are a money sink and a bitch to repair.

4. Maybe next time save the water for, y'know, something that isn't a car ;) then it won't die on you

That does suck though, I'm assuming you didn't do it intentionally... And if you did, then you're crazy unless you had a lift kit and a snorkel among other mods!

5. [quote name='"Dreadlocker"']my subaru is fucked after driving it through a 40 foot puddle that was 4 feet deep.

now it bucks, surges, has a malfucntion knock sensor, a malfuntioing #4 cyclinder misfire sensor, and would costs me at least 2 grand to get it back into running order. i just spend a grand on new brakes, plugs, wires, and ignition coil.

suburu outbacks are awesome but they are a money sink and a bitch to repair.[/quote]

A money sink ? Maybe you should take better care of it. I mean really, 4 foot deep 40 foot puddle? What did you expect to happen

6. If the exhaust got flooded check the catalytic converter...

7. 2002 Hyuandai Accent 4 door. The headlights are new but they still won't work i'm pretty sure it's an electrical problem can anyone offer a solution I can do myself to get these things working?

8. As someone in a auto tech program besides the shitty ones (wyotech/uti) I can give you a few suggestions.

1.check your fuse box to make sure nothing is melted.

2.visually check wire connection/ looking for loose-severed connection

3.check the voltage drop on said wire with ohm meter.

Sent from my island getaway.

9. If it's loose can I "tighten it"? And what if something is melted?

10. If a fuse is melted, it means that there is a short somewhere in the system.

Do NOT replace a fuse if that is what's wrong; they are not supposed to ever go out, this signals that something else is wrong.

When you check the wires pull on them gently, if they wiggle a lot the. They are lose.
    Fixing the connection world require us to know what kid of connection you have.

Sent from my island getaway.