Official Arizer Solo Thread

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MaryJaneTwsiten, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Lately ive been looking into a nice portable vaporizer. I checked out the No2, launch box, iolite and the solo. I could find alot of info about the first 3 vapes but when i got to the arizer solo there wasnt alot of info.

I made the thread to dedicate to all Arizer Solo reviews? Do any of you have one? If so how long have you had it for? How do you like it? What would you change about it? What are some pros and cons?

2. Go to Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and check out the reviews there.

They're more dependable than the hearsay you'll come across here.

I've got a friend that owns one. He ended up selling it on craigslist a week after because he couldn't get the device to stop emitting a plastic taste.

Might be personal preference, but I wouldn't choose the Arizer Solo. I own an iOLITE, it's a good device but you have to pack it to its limit in order to get a desired and sustainable flow of vapor.

I'm not sure how the No2 works, but i'd look into its design. If it works anything like a Volcano(meaning, something is heated that doesn't directly touch the matieral, than the suction/fan passes the hot air through the material;aka convection) i'd go with the NO2.

But as for your reqest for an Arizer Solo, I'd personally have to say, checkout Amazon.com or other retail websites that allow users to post reviews. Chances are, in forums like these or even on fuckcombustion.com, the opinion you're delivered will be from a 'cult' of trolls that appear to know everything on vaporizing.(From experiance. I posted a simple review attempting to correct people on their experiance vs. mine with the Phantom and was trolled almost to death, by humor of course.(It's incredible.The knowledge some of these people can acquire without actually even studying/reading/trying anything.))

3. [quote name='"MaryJaneTwsiten"']Lately ive been looking into a nice portable vaporizer. I checked out the No2, launch box, iolite and the solo. I could find alot of info about the first 3 vapes but when i got to the arizer solo there wasnt alot of info.

I made the thread to dedicate to all Arizer Solo reviews? Do any of you have one? If so how long have you had it for? How do you like it? What would you change about it? What are some pros and cons?[/quote]

You must not have tried Google because fuckcombustion has a 160 page long thread which is a treasure trove of solo information.

4. All fuckcombustion will provide you with are threads upon threads of irrelevant discussions. Pherhaps one reply will contain what you're looking for....But the majority of it is marijana culture discussing/rectifying their choices/behavior.

To get the facts and to get them quick, check out the reviews from a place that sells them.

5. Although FC may have a lot of crap in the Arizer Solo thread, it does contain a lot of useful information, if you're willing to implement the search function or sift through the thread.

6. The solo is great they need to make a bag attachment and a whip attachment for it if they do someone tell me where at and get your solo from puffitup for 160 great deal free nice grinder fast shipping great service

7. I have mine for 4 months, I say it works great for vaporizing and very efficient. I also use it with a Bong for even better taste.

8. I purchased the Arizer Solo almost a year ago. It's my go to tool. I always use the thing.

It's hands down the King of portable vaporizers no competition, especially for the price.

You won't regret it. 

And the place that sells them is of course going to have unbiased reviews? Theres a lot of Solo users on here that could provide a better explanation than propaganda on the site that sells them. I'd be more liable to listen to an actual user on FC or even here on GC as opposed to a review from a questionable source. 

While I do agree, that most of the threads are people who feel they've made a bad choice or what not, maybe thats important for the prospective buyer to hear. Also those threads are for reviews, people's experience with the device, troubleshooting, opinons, whatever... yeah you have to weed through the threads but they're informative.

@[member="MaryJaneTwsiten"] - While theres a lot of popularity surrounding the Solo, I have yet to purchase one or even try one out. I'm not completely wanting one hence why I don't have one. I use the MFLB personally as it gets the job done for me and works nicely. Another vape I'm looking at buying next week, and one you should look into as well is the Firewood Vape. Its made in the US by a fellow vape community member, and you can only buy them off his site. There is a thread on FC and you should check out. Basically its a wooden convection vape thats manually controlled like the MFLB. Check it out and see if you like it =)

10. Sending my solo back for warranty work monday :(   When my one was working it was a great vape to use around the house and I liked that I could choose what type of hit I wanted by setting the temp buttons.. i.e 3 for a buzzy one or 7 for a full blast sleepy one.  It also works well with a bong that has a 14mm downstem connector, the straight pipe fits right into it and with the solo being upside down it also keeps the herb off the heater and gives a more convection vape than it would while upright.  The Solo also produces a very tasty vapor.  and you don't need to stir it to get an even vape.  The battery life is good, I could use it for 5 to 8 sessions before It would need a charge.  

It's a solid performer and gets the job done. 

Mine died due to a bong accident and forgetting how to toke...lol

That sucks! Water get up in it?

12. Sure did, I blew instead of sucked!! lol

13. Hands down king of portables? I cant think of one thing that the solo out shines every other portable at. It is simply a nice budget portable these days.

I'm sure the Hammer is a big hitter because of the temperatures it can reach, and it has a similar air path. The Ascent has an all glass air path, which is better than stainless steel and glass. The MFLB is way better than the Solo at stealth and conservation. The Solo is an all around nice vaporizer for the money as you said, but there are other options for other needs elsewhere.

15. I meant to put that in my last post but I forgot. It really is a nice all around vape. Great for beginers to use. Reminds me that I should use mine more often. I do enjoy long sessions with my eds tnt stem with it.

16. M1D2 refurb Solo still going strong except for the Blue Light at the bottom does not light anymore.  Puffitup is great Def buy from them.  Charge is decent. 5 sessions til dead. Hour to Charge back up.  
    \n\nI use stainless steel screens cut down to where they will just slightly dome above the four holes of either Glass Stems.
    I use the space case two piece to grind it till no resistance in grinder. Then I dump some from the grinder to the center of the palm of my hand or on some clean paper.  Suck on the end of this stem to draw and lightly pack full bowl level and invert before stopping or it will just fall out.  This gives a nice light pack. Seems like a pain in the butt way to do it but you get really good flow through this way and use less. While inverted, insert stem into inverted solo and turn right again. Heat to three or four for a sativa like Clear high Or for chillin  5, 6 or seven for more sedation. 7 with a heavy
    Indica might mean bedtime soon...
    Save all ABV in a clean spice jar as it is nice and crisp and will be there when you are Dry and can't find ANY. Most of us have been there..  ReVape ABV at 7 only to get any remaining Vapor possible.  May take many bowls to get really solid but be glad there is a back up.... I know a dude that tokes the ABV in a glass pipe when he's dry but thats prob nasty.  Store your flowers in a CVault for the best freshness... even restores dry in a few days.