[OFFICIAL] Anime Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Faded Skies, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Haven't watched a lot of anime in recent years, but I watched Erased a while back and it was really good, even though I figured out who the murderer is pretty early on. Nevertheless a very addicting series and I like that it's only 12 episodes so there isn't any meandering, the plot constantly goes along nicely.
    Also working on Attack on titan. First 2 episodes were good, but then it got a bit stale and haven't watched it in a while. Hope it picks up the pace.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #8542 CMGarcia55, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Long time no see! Welcome back. With you gone and Vic not posting here anymore, this thread pretty much died. Some people come and go but they only post a handful of times.

Other recent hits include ReLife, Re:Zero and Arslan Senki Fuujin Ranbu. There was also a Yuru Yuri special, 2 OVAs, and an S3 that aired last fall. I don't really remember if you were still here when they came out.

3. Thanks for the list @Grimm420.

@CMGarcia55 yeah I was here for the Yuru Yuri. I think I popped in simply to say how excited I was for them to be dropping. I wouldn't have thought @Vicious would have stopped posting here. I see him on Steam all the time, but I haven't talked him in a good long time either. I've been gaming really hard and doing school stuff. Anyway, watching those two series really piqued my interest in anime again, so I imagine that I will posting here more often.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Good shit. This thread needs some serious traffic.

If anyone wants to add me on twitter it's @bigfatround0. I mostly post weeb shit so I can get it out of my system or else I might do weeb shit irl.

5. LOLOLOLOL.

I know how you feel. I can't exactly weeb the fuck out with the company I keep. My friends know I love anime, but they already think I'm weird as fuck for it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yep, gotta get that shit out of your system or else it might slip out.

7. I'm here, I've been to busy arguing politics.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't know how you don't get tired. Especially against koochi and Spliffington.

9. I bought the special edition box set of the original beserk series. Watched the first episode last night and it was sick! hooked now on finishing the series.

Disappointed with the Naruto series. Basically after Sauske is out of the picture it's straight boring from there. Like its just the crew doing missions and shit. I mean I'm half way through season 4 but I've lost interest. Feel like checking out a recap of that season and going straight to Shippuden

SeNt FrOm My•☆GaL@x¥ $5☆

10. got a manga recommendation for anyone interested. Mahou Tsukai no Yome. only 32 chapters translated right now, but its probably up there with my favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  11. been on one hell of a bender the last 3-4 days. watched through 4 seasons of stuff I've had saved for awhile. just started a 5th(usagi drop) which I'm pretty sure I'm gonna blaze through cuz the first episode sold me. got a couple more standard sized anime then all I'll have left is the long ones, beelzebub, one piece, fairy tail, and d gray man

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm stuck in God eater right now. Intense. Mob psycho 100 is one I wait for simulcast every week

13. lucky you just started it. I was watching while it was airing, last episode or 2 aired like 2 months late or some shit(they ran out of budget or some crazy shit).

loving mob as well, scratches my OPM itch pretty well

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ya you can definitely notice a change after ep 13. Still an enjoyable show. Debating on watching your lie in April. Not something I'd usually be into, heard it's ridiculously good though.

15. hadnt even looked at spring series yet, normally wait until near the end of the season to look.

apparently they're doing a second season of ao no exorcist(guess ditching the ending of the first?) as well as another season of FLCL(guess 15 years was enough time to wait)

16. Hunter X hunter sucks but I can't stop watching

Seven deadly sins is great

Watching magi right now, I saw the first season a couple years ago, don't know why I stopped watching

• Like Like x 1
  17. i love Hunda kun anime

18. new season of natsume yuujinchou started today, been 4 fuckin years since the last season, really missed it. would never say its the best series, but definitely one of my favorites.

19. So I recently started Touch. It's my first time watching an anime that old and it's way better than I was expecting. Definitely recommend it if you like baseball and sol anime.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anyone watching Drifters by the guy who did Hellsing?

• Like Like x 1