Office cabinet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Weedism, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Making a flowering cab for a buddy.

Inside lined with plywood because the metal is a little too thin to hang stuff in.
    and there were many holes in back for shelf adjustment that needed to be sealed. It does make it a tad heavier.

(3) 4" pvc elbow intakes from the bottom.

Will have a 4" 170 CFM fan top shelf and filter.

Tuff part is over, now just the internals left and see where any light escapes to seal.

Cabinet is 72"x18"x36" made by Sandusky. So we have decided to call it the plant molester.

We have a 400w laying around we will use to start, but will probably switch to led in the summer for this box.

Just posting here to give others an idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

original idea, we went with larger intakes and from the rear so we didnt have to install legs to raise up the cab.

[​IMG]

2. Haha - love the name! I hope it's not like Sandusky and only has a thing for little boys

3. We'll be able to get (8) 7" wide square pots in. 10" tall. Probably wont really have 8 in there at a time, but it can be done.

Here are two showing they fit in 2 deep. These have been great sized pots to work with before.

[​IMG]

4. Well, shit. Out of Mylar from a previous build. Looked like I had enough.

[​IMG]

5. I like it. I'm thinking that if you should have some light bouncing out of those intake elbows it will be a simple problem to address by just painting the inside of those elbows with some flat black spray paint. Perhaps some garage door weather stripping could be installed around the perimeter of the door opening to address light leaks there. I think the biggest problem a setup like this will face, assuming stealth is the aim, is going to be noise from vibrations caused by the fan. Sheet metal does like to hum. Perhaps the fan can be suspended with some bungees to isolate the vibrations.

6. I didnt get to finish taking pics of the finished cabinet. It was a weekend build over at my friends house, so i was just taking pics as we went. We did paint the pvc insides black and there is just slightly a little light coming out of the front when u are in a pitch black room. Weatherstripping was put around door. Temp stayed at 81 degrees with fan on max and it is fairly loud with the 4" fan in there. He's gonna go led in a few months and fan can be at minimum. It is in a place where this blowing noise isnt a concern but when he moves he'll have to use led if he wants to keep the fan on low. Next time im over there ill take another pic.

7. #7 momof2cute, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    wow! that is a very detailed cabinet you made. you're very creative.
    If only anyone in the family has the skills to make such good furnitures, there will be no need for me to buy office chairs and equipments for our business expansion.

8. Great setup, I have similar foot print. The challenge for me is when to flip over to 12. plants dont have much room for vertical growth, again, you are very talented and detailed, will be interesting to see the results