Offensive?

Discussion in 'General' started by BLARNEYSTONES, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeaa so i\'ve gotten ALOT of neg rep for my sig

whats up with that

it\'s supposed to be funny, rememeber awhile back when mel gibson got arrested for a DUI and started makin antisemtic comments.

awhile back some one was makin sigs for everyone and this is what i requested.

does any one find it offensive..idk this post is pointless i\'m dexxed

2. never noticed it, didn\'t know it was Mel till I you just said so.

3. Hey if you put a swastika in your sig, you can expect to get negative response. Normally I don\'t give a shit about political correctness, but swastikas strike a bad feeling in most people.

Sorry, maybe I\'m stupid, but I don\'t get the text.

4. Anyone neg repping you for having a swastika in your signature is a self-righteous ass. Take two seconds to look at it and it\'s obviously satirizing Mel Gibson.

5. I think people just don\'t understand it.

6. Quite frankly I couldn\'t care less what he puts in his sig, but as an OBSERVATION, you have to admit, in general, people do get worked up about those things.

Paint one on somebody\'s door one day, and you don\'t get pinched for vandalism, you get thrown in jail for a hate crime.

7. thought your sig was quite funny

8. I love a good joke, please somebody explain the TEXT...........I don\'t get it.

I assume the white text is supposed to have some meaning but it must be way over my head. Or is it subliminal? Yeah that must be it.

Anyone else not get it?

9. I\'ve altered my sig accordingly, in a display of solidarity

we\'ll go down together, brother:hello:

10. Dude, I remember when I first joined. Waaaaay back when when I was living out in the desert.

I was neg repped a few times for my user name and how \"immature\" it was. Eh...its just random people out of billions on the internet. Pay it no mind. :)

11. Swastika

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    This article is about the symbol. For the town, see Swastika, Ontario.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    A \"right-facing\" Swastika in a decorative Hindu form

The swastika (from Sanskrit svástika स्वस्तिक ) is an equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles, in either right-facing (卐) or left-facing (卍) forms. The swastika can also be drawn as a traditional swastika, but with a second 90° bend in each arm.
    Archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates from the Neolithic period. An ancient symbol, it occurs mainly in the cultures that are in modern day India and the surrounding area; sometimes as a geometrical motif and sometimes as a religious symbol. It has long been widely used in major world religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Roman Catholicism and Jainism.
    The swastika was appropriated as a Nazi symbol and gained further association with the Third Reich as the Reich gained influence. Though once commonly used over much of the world without stigma, over time the symbol has become a controversial motif, especially in the Western world.

12. I didn\'t even notice your sig until this post - At which point I laughed a little, its obvious that it\'s mel gibson and you\'re making fun of him.

13. i got neg repped once because one of the quotes in my sig is from Hitler; however, i think it was obvious i was not praising Hitler for the comment, rather showing how the evil that fueled nazi power could still be around today.

14. If anyone thought you were promoting Nazi\'s rather than making fun of Mel Gibson, they are fuckin ignorant, don\'t let them bother you mayne.

15. never noticed your sig and def never would of noticed that was mel until it was pointed out now im cracking up hahaha +rep sugartits hahah

16. Didnt even notice the swastika till i looked at it for a good minute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.