off-topic question...

Discussion in 'General' started by weedhead01, Sep 16, 2005.

1. i dont really know where else to post this but here we go..i have recently quit smoking about 25 days ago or so and atm i have no desire to smoke for awhile..iam going to talk to navy recruiter tommorry about joining the navy seals and i heard they ask you if you have done any drugs in your life...and if u have done any drugs in the past 5 years you are not allowed to enter the bud/s for training. I really wanna join them but i dont know what i should do? Iam 18 years atm should i tell them i havent smoked in 5 years??

Iam thinking i could tell them i tried it 1 time when i was 15 just to try it out peer pressior...

Has anybody here joined the united states navy/military in the past couple years and know how their drug tests work?

You think they would really know if i lie to them?? I dont have any crimnal records or proof that i have tried it unless they give me a blood test. I should be clean in 5 days from a piss test.

I dont know what i should do any feedback would be great

2. I've *heard* that recruitment places will tell you how to pass those drug tests... they know a lot of people go into the military to "clean up" so it's not unusual to have a drug user sign up... then again i don't know about the seals, they may be more strict.

3. the govt test can easily tell... they arent gonna give you a piss test probably ... i would assume it would be a hair folical(sp) test

*edit* in which case it can be detectable in your hair for up to a year

4. copy and pasted this from their site

ENLISTMENT STANDARDS: DRUG/ALCOHOL POLICY

The Navy has a strict drug/alcohol policy. Early in the enlistment process you will have to take two urinalysis tests (while at the Military Entrance Processing Station and again when reporting for Recruit Training). You'll also be asked questions regarding prior drug and alcohol use. Answer all questions honestly. If you have questions, contact a recruiter.

------

it just says urinal test so dunno