Odor

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TiPWiLL, Jul 7, 2014.

1. I cant afford a carbon filter
    Are there other ways to mask odor. I heard about a light tht does but have not found it.

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

2. I guess no help for me huh?

3. They are like 60 bucks on amazon it's one thing you can't skimp on I guess in your situation. That's why no one else has replied.

IgOTbAdAdDs0rRy If iCoNfùSeD u

4. Okay thats good to know. The ones i saw online were $250 and up. Thanx for your reply.

5. Amazon has one with an inline fan for $96, or one without for $50

🍁CajunZombieKiller🍁

6. I have not had luck finding those. Can you share the links with me?

7. Those cheaper carbon filters suck serious ass..I have one in my tent right now and it's basically like it's not even there..the smell is extremely strong from the buds and has been pretty much since flowering started.

If smell is a big issue don't skimp on the carbon filter..I'm getting a phresh filter for my next grow, they are more expensive but I heard they actually work.

8. What would you use, if you were going to change?

🍁CajunZombieKiller🍁

9. #10 lFourTwenty, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014

I'm changing after this grow ends..would change sooner but it's impossible with the plants in the scrog and everything. 

I'm going to be using the Phresh brand filter..they cost about 120$ for just the filter, but that's much better than a 70$ filter that doesn't even work, and trust me, the cheaper amazon one doesn't. It might half-work for a month if you're lucky, but it never completely removed the smell.

I vent through an air vent closet and the house smells to high heaven..the only thing I can use to combat it is ONA gel. Don't particularly love the smell but it does it's job.

10. Is that the one monster gardens has? I was consider a DIY one, since you can get the carbon (charcoal) sold loose from a pet store. Odor control is going to be a big deal for us, since people do come into our house. The room will be closed off, and I'm going to put an air purifier in the room. Odor will be the only security issue we face

🍁CajunZombieKiller🍁

11. #12 lFourTwenty, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014

Maybe do both..get a high quality filter like Phresh or Can. If odor is a big issue, might as well be set up to deal with it. You don't have to worry about odor until flowering..although some strains will start smelling during mid and late veg.

Also a tip I read is put a ziplock or grocery bag on the last half of the filter, then take the bag off after a year or whenever it stops completely removing the smell. Saves half your filter to use when the other half starts to get weak.

And leave your filter disconnected from the fan until you need the filter..it will just waste your filter life if you leave it on all the time.

12. I have the exact same problem! I have 2 grow tents in my basement storeroom & despite having three separate 6” iPower carbon scrubbers...1 in each of 2 tents, another just outside both tents in the closed storeroom, plus another 6” vent system that redirects air outdoors. I only have 2 plants in late flower and 4 plants in late veg & yet my entire 3 story house smells like OG Kush. I can even smell it outdoors on most of my half acre property & I have no doubt my neighbors can smell it as well. I was able to control the smell until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but now it’s just ridiculous & out of control! It’s a good thing I live in Colorado or I’d be freaking out! I just bought a few of those Ona Gel odor absorbers on Amazon, which I’ll have tomorrow. I’ll let you know if that helps...

13. You can get 4" carbon filters for cheap now. Pm me and i can help you out

14. DE692E0C-12C8-464E-91F4-A99DC3CC3F85.jpeg
    I bought these fresh wave jars of odor removing gel this week on Amazon. They arrived yesterday and I can’t believe how well they work. Just don’t put them in the same room as your plants. I also took several Bounce dryer sheets, wadded them up and threw them in my vent duct that leads directly outside and that worked great too! I attached a picture of the product.

15. I’ve had good luck with ona gel. I’ve even had it in a 5 gallon bucket and run my fan into it and have the scrubbed air blow thru it